• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2020 Tacoma Sport trans help

CentralFLTaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am looking for help/suggestions on how to deal with Toyota concerning my truck.
I have the 40-55 MPH shutter when I'm on level ground giving the vehicle little or no gas. Needless to say it's very annoying. And to add to that problem around a week ago I went to pass someone gave the truck gas it went nowhere for a couple seconds then I heard a bang in the trans. then the truck moved. I have been to the dealership 4 times and they tell me the tires are out of balance. My last trip to Phillips Toyota in Florida where I bought the truck they asked me about my problem, I described it to the service manager and he said that is normal and there is no fix in the works from Toyota and suggested I call every month to see if there is a fix.
My last call to corporate I requested a "field rep" come drive this thing because I feel the truck is not safe and should not run in this manner. They responded by saying I will see if that option is available.

I'm at a loss for word's because I've never owned a vehicle that is this bad, not even close and Toyota's lack of concern.

Thank you so much for any input you may have!!

Mike

Possible causes that come to mind include low transmission fluid, or needs the updated TCU update for the off idle stumble.

Obviously you've already gotten corporate involved. That's a good first start. I would say that it's definitely not a normal thing to have the transmission feel like it bangs into gear and going. My truck shifts fine and never slammed into any kind of acceleration. I say keep hounding them.

Back