• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2020 Tacoma propeller shaft

Karl1952

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I brought my 2020 tacoma to a dealer for 30,000 mi service and was told that the propeller shaft bolts did not require retorquing. Is this correct?

I've had mine for almost 100K (2017 TRD Off Road) and never heard anything about retorquing anything...

Why would they lie to you about a 15 second fix?

I've never heard of them specifically needing to be retorqued. The older model 3g's called for regreasing every so often but the newer Taco's switched to non-serviceable Spicer u-joins that do not allow for that.

Why would they lie to you about a 15 second fix?

I've never heard of them specifically needing to be retorqued. The older model 3g's called for regreasing every so often but the newer Taco's switched to non-serviceable Spicer u-joins that do not allow for that.

It is not a 15 sec fix. The bolts are at a place that need to be tightened at an angle. In short it is a tough job.

Me personally, wouldn't worry about it especially at that low mileage.. I've got almost 92K on mine and everything is fine with me. Just regular 5K oil change/tire rotation, every 60K service your transmission, you're fine. Idr when diffs should be services but Ik when I break 120K I'm doing EVERYTHING on mine

Back