• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2018 TRD Sport Access Cab 6MT

kdj_11

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

This is my 2018 TRD Sport with manual transmission.
I've only done a couple mods and for now don't plan to do too much else (subject to change haha).
I've added rock sliders and a rear bumber from C4 Fabrication - both line-x'd.
PS - I'm trying to get rid of my stock rear bumper if anyone is interested in picking it up in Western South Dakota.

How/Why I Choose This Truck:
Biggest reason other than the looks and (fingers crossed) reliability, for getting this truck was the manual transmission.
I was worried that if I waited too many more years there may not even be a manual offering from Toyota, or something similar.
Anyway I would watch the local dealers site for months and months with no manuals appearing and started to lose hope one would ever show up.
I thought about doing a special order, but got impatient, test drove and ended up buying a Chevy Colorado.
Though I enjoyed aspects of it, I discovered I missed daily driving a manual more than I expected. Also I was never 100% sold on the trucks build quality.
One day, I checked the Toyota dealers site again, and noticed a single manual appear under the search - no actual pictures of course :)
I called them, expecting it to be a special order for someone, but they said it was on their lot and available.
Went and test drove it that day, and... big shocker... ended up trading in the Colorado and going home with it!
Though it's probably not the exact way I'd spec it, it has grown on me and I'm very happy with it.

InkedIMG_3289_LI.jpg

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3288.JPG

InkedIMG_3290_LI.jpg

Back