• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2018 DCSB OR tacomaghost build

TacomaGhost

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Let the journey begin...

2018 DCSB OR 4X4 White
With Premium and technology pkg only
Got it with 5 miles on 04/06/2018

First day . . .
20180406_185642.jpg

Few days later.....rebadged
20180415_092142.jpg

First time Tacoma and truck owner. Enjoying the upgrade from a Camry. Truck is a daily driver. No lifting just yet. Just trying to learn everything about this truck and build it up to explore anything and everything outdoors.

This is my first truck and build so anything would be helpful!

Thanks T3G!

Last edited:
Installed so far :
  • OEM bed mat
  • Weathertech front and rear
  • 20% ceramic tint all around
  • 2018 OEM pro grill
  • AJT key fob
  • LED cabin lights
  • @CaliRaisedLED bed stiffener
  • @CaliRaisedLED light bar and mount
  • Trd pro 16' wheels
  • Molle center panels
  • Front/Rear anytime Camera
  • Trd Shift Knob
  • Xenon Depot LED high/lo
  • Remote Start 12 Volt Solutions w/ phone start
  • mobtown rock sliders
  • Winjet led tail lights
Wants/Needs?To Do:
  • Fogs
  • Awning
  • Bed rack
  • RTT
  • Trd pro skid
  • Maybe...suspension
  • HiLift and mounts
20180422_182800.jpg

Attachments

• 20180505_165830.jpg
    20180505_165830.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 20180505_164136.jpg
    20180505_164136.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Thank you sir!

Man I am loving the ceramic tint. Totally worth the price. Riding in the afternoon houston heat and I barely feel heat through the windows. It does the job well, thinking and looking into doing windshield and moonroof to completely block sun out.

No more getting a tan on the arm through the window in the humid 100+ houston summer heat.

Congrats on your truck! Nice job diving right into the mods in the first month. I know you said you don’t want to lift but do you plan to change the tires? And welcome to T3G!

Thanks! Congrats on T3G @Tyler

I looked into them when looking for wheels. But yes will change to 16/75/265 or 16/75/285 tires (pretty sure these will rub offroad but on daily road driving I heard no rub) not sure yet. Just waiting for a good deal to roll around but for now the wranglers adv will do.

Have any suggestions or input on tires?

Thanks! Congrats on T3G @Tyler

I looked into them when looking for wheels. But yes will change to 16/75/265 or 16/75/285 tires (pretty sure these will rub offroad but on daily road driving I heard no rub) not sure yet. Just waiting for a good deal to roll around but for now the wranglers adv will do.

Have any suggestions or input on tires?
I’m biased about the BFG KO2 because I have years and years of using them on various vehicles. But there are plenty of other really good cheaper options. I’d actually suggest looking at Taco photos (on my Instagram if you want) to see what you like the look of. Once you see a look you like you can evaluate the price to quality and either pick them or keeping looking.

What I have done so far.....
  • OEM bed mat
  • Weathertech front and rear
  • 20% ceramic tint all around
  • 2018 OEM pro grill
  • AJT key fob
  • LED cabin lights
  • center console organizer
  • @CaliRaisedLED bed stiffener
  • truck bed and bed rail d-rings (12 total)
  • Trd pro 16' wheels
  • @yo_hec from tacoma world molle center panels (needs to be installed)
  • Waiting for rock sliders from mobtown offroad (ETA June)
View attachment 841View attachment 843View attachment 857View attachment 856View attachment 861View attachment 855View attachment 860View attachment 848View attachment 86220180505_165830.jpgView attachment 850View attachment 84520180422_182800.jpg20180505_164136.jpgView attachment 851View attachment 849

WANTS:
  • Jt Brooks pro tire deflator
  • Viair 88p air compressor
  • Looking to change low beam light - don't want HID or LED just the best white halogen bulb H11
  • LED light bar
  • Ditch lights - maybe
  • Front and rear anytime camera
  • Etc...
First time Tacoma and truck owner. Enjoying the upgrade from a Camry. Truck is a daily driver with plenty of trips out to the beach on the weekends. Want to build the truck up to be able to roam the big bend as well. Not really looking into lifting anytime soon.
The truck is looking great my friend!

I have the Viair 88p compressor and love it! very small and portable and has no issues filling up my 32s from 20 to 40psi. I would definitely recommend it!
Do you have a rough estimate about how long it takes to fill one of your tires from 20 to 40psi?

Do you have a rough estimate about how long it takes to fill one of your tires from 20 to 40psi?
I would say a little less than 3 minutes per tire. I can normally fill all 4 tires up in about 12 minutes. The only thing is there is a metal heat sink on the back side of the compressor that gets pretty warm after I'm done so I normally throw it in the bed and then put it back in the box once I'm back home.

I have the Viair 88p compressor and love it! very small and portable and has no issues filling up my 32s from 20 to 40psi. I would definitely recommend it!

yes! i just picked up one along with some deflators

Viair 88P and JT Brooks deflators
20180519_125921.jpg

Last edited:
Led lights installed from xenon depot

High and lows switched out, easy install. Just need to clean up the wiring inside.
IMG_20180613_002848_892.jpg

Last edited:
Back