• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2018 Cavalry Blue Pro

Cjh9980

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I registered here a while back, but then took a social media vacation. Going to try to be active now.

2 Tacoma house, I have a 2010 Off Road that I gave to my daughter since she started driving, which forced me to get a shiny new 2018 Pro. I've had it a bit over a year. Only mod so far is a scoop light from spartanxcustoms. I just received my cmc plates from bamf, so the cmc is next to be followed by 33's

Welcome to the forum, glad you've decided to hang around a bit.

That color and those scoop lights are sweet. I bet the blue color that the King shocks use would look great for your lift. What else do you want to do with it?

Lift will definitely be in the future . After getting 33's to fit my next mod will be a diamondback bed cover, a bed rack, and a rtt. As funds become available of course!

Welcome to the forum, glad you've decided to hang around a bit.

That color and those scoop lights are sweet. I bet the blue color that the King shocks use would look great for your lift. What else do you want to do with it?
On that thought, check out these images: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/king-stage-3-race-kit-3-0-ibp-coilover-3-0-2-tube-bypass.9568/

1579128856834.png

1579128876076.png

Lift will definitely be in the future . After getting 33's to fit my next mod will be a diamondback bed cover, a bed rack, and a rtt. As funds become available of course!
Funds are hard to keep control of around here, lol. But that sounds like a good plan. Those bed covers are really solid.

Yea the Diamondbacks are expensive, but I think I'll buy once/cry once and have it forever

Yea the Diamondbacks are expensive, but I think I'll buy once/cry once and have it forever
That's been me with most of my mods, especially when telling the wife (which usually happens after I order).
Those look badass on the Cav blue!
I know! I love that setup.

Ok fellas, help me decide on a lift. Eventually I'm going to go the king route, but first I'm going to stick with my stock pro suspension and just tweak it a bit to comfortably run 33's.

I already have the plates to do a cmc, but haven't done it yet. I also have the ecgs bushing on order.

Option 1 top plate spacer kit

https://supremesuspensions.com/coll...-bar-extension-4wd-4x4?variant=21410647113808

Option 2 coil spacer kit

https://www.revtek.com/vehicle-sele...31-toyota/2016-2019-tacoma/673-kit-427ap.html

I know spacers arent ideal, but since I don't wanna gut the fox suspension yet I see these two as viable options for now. Both are small spacers for very minimal lift so I dont believe they will cause any trouble. I just dont know which to go with.

Ok fellas, help me decide on a lift. Eventually I'm going to go the king route, but first I'm going to stick with my stock pro suspension and just tweak it a bit to comfortably run 33's.

I already have the plates to do a cmc, but haven't done it yet. I also have the ecgs bushing on order.

https://supremesuspensions.com/coll...-bar-extension-4wd-4x4?variant=21410647113808

Option 2 coil spacer kit

https://www.revtek.com/vehicle-sele...31-toyota/2016-2019-tacoma/673-kit-427ap.html

I know spacers arent ideal, but since I don't wanna gut the fox suspension yet I see these two as viable options for now. Both are small spacers for very minimal lift so I dont believe they will cause any trouble. I just dont know which to go with.
I would avoid the first kit. You don’t need a diff drop, especially for this small amount of lift. I have mine at around 3-3.5”, still don’t have a diff drop, and never had an issue.

Dropping the diff negates some of the ground clearance a lift gives you, which seems like an oxymoron. It also messes with something that doesn’t needing messing with. The more factory you can keep your truck while modding it, the better. Unless you’re going to do a 6” or more lift, you shouldn’t need it.

The second kit looks like a basic front spacer and rear add-a-leaf, which if you just want some temporary height until you do a full suspension lift with Kings, should be sufficient.

Cool, thanks for the advice. Basically this is just a bandaid so I can put 33's on before committing to a suspension overhaul. Plan is to pay the truck off first, THEN dump mucho dinero into the suspension

Cool, thanks for the advice. Basically this is just a bandaid so I can put 33's on before committing to a suspension overhaul. Plan is to pay the truck off first, THEN dump mucho dinero into the suspension
That makes sense. This will work for that plan.

I may do some more research, alot of people are saying the fit 33s on their pro with no issue. I may just try the cmc and see what happens before fooling with spacers

I may do some more research, alot of people are saying the fit 33s on their pro with no issue. I may just try the cmc and see what happens before fooling with spacers
You should be able to fit them but there will likely be rubbing while turning and going over a bump at the same time.

You should be able to fit them but there will likely be rubbing while turning and going over a bump at the same time.
I'll probably just try it, then only add the spacer if its needed

Well, after lots of research and comparison, I pulled the trigger on the Wescott lift kit (1.5" front and 1" rear) and 285/75/16 Ridge Grapplers. I love the result. I dont rub anywhere, not even the mud flap

Attachments

• 20200311_134535.jpg
    20200311_134535.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20200311_134455.jpg
    20200311_134455.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20200311_134505.jpg
    20200311_134505.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 108
Looks wicked good. Have any shots of your angles? Why'd you decide on the Wescott over the Revtek?

Option 2 coil spacer kit

Can this be possible to do for a medium length period of time to get essentially a "mall crawler" look, little lift (2 - 2.5") and some larger tires?

Can this be possible to do for a medium length period of time to get essentially a "mall crawler" look, little lift (2 - 2.5") and some larger tires?

100% yes

Well, after lots of research and comparison, I pulled the trigger on the Wescott lift kit (1.5" front and 1" rear) and 285/75/16 Ridge Grapplers. I love the result. I dont rub anywhere, not even the mud flap
It looks great! I have to admit, I have never heard of Wescott.

Back