• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! 2017 Tacoma tail lights don't work !

oldmantaco

2️⃣ Bronze
Installed aftermarket LED tail light assemblies, but the tail lights don't work, the reverse and turn signals/flashers work, but plate lights don't, they all run off the same fuse, but the fuse is good, even replaced the fuse with a new one, still isn't working. I have LED license plate lights, but they worked fine until I installed the new tail light assemblies.
the tail lights work fine with direct power from the battery, but plugged into the harness, they don't work, I checked the power at the plug and nothing! I know it is in the tail light circuit since the plate lights don't work,, but the fuse checks good?? any help would be greatly appreciated! :o)

I hope not as well, I will start doing what he did and let you know what I find, thanks for the link, very informative, but I hope that not the problem, my biggest concern is what caused it if it is the problem, I don't want to fry another block if it is!!

2017 SR5,4WD, V6

Upvote 0