• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2-3 Months on the Road

AZ_CAVALRY

8️⃣ Paragon
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cavalry Blue
Hey all! I’ve been planning a 2-3 month trip all over the country for the past year. I was able to save up and build the truck enough to live out of for that long. I put my notice in at work, and am hitting the road mid-July.

As far as my route goes, I’m not planning anything solid until right before I leave, due to Covid and how it is in different states. My original plan was to drive from Phoenix to New York, and explore spots along the way. As of now, I’m planning something a little more realistic, just exploring the west. Colorado, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, then more East if I have time (and money) later in the summer.

I’ve never done anything like this before, and I’m winging most of it. I’m looking for advice, trails I should hit, random things I should see out there in the US, places I should avoid right now, things I should bring with me, general advice or suggestions.

I’m really excited about it, and I hope to meet up with some of you on the road and hit some trails!!

Did you do it?
I did it for 2 months this year, 17 states, 7600 miles, pulling a 4200# rv, 2 kids, wife n dog!
No regrets, it was awesome n taco dis great. Rv gave me a few issues along the way but it was expected to run into problems on a tripike this.
You can see my travels in Instagram #taconburritoadv

Attachments

• 20200824_173536.jpg
    20200824_173536.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 53
Back