• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

1986 CUCV M1008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
This is my other truck. I daily drove it for 2 years before I got the Taco. I'm not really gonna do a build thread on it but I can answer questions about what it really is.

The CUCV was based off the K30 or K5 Blazer. They all have a 6.2 diesel engine, military blackout lights, 24v system, unique front bumper, rear pintle hook and front/rear d-rings that come through the bumpers, rifle racks behind the bench seat, and a slave receptacle in the grille (to jump the truck or use power from the batteries). The M1008 has Dana 60's front and rear (fully locked), and I believe it has some other heavier duty components compared to a civilian K30 (leaf springs). The 4" lift and HMMWV tires that my truck have are not part of the military package though.

fullsizeoutput_3d4.jpeg
IMG_1339.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
IMG_2568.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back