• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

'17 under hood heat insulation and shock hood support

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
A friend/coworker asked me why I do not have a heat insulator under the hood. Usually some kind of material and possibly even fiberglass insulation.

He also commented about the lack if hood supports. I would think I could find some generic ones, but wanted to see if anyone had any they recommend. Thank you!

I had these for almost two years, but I just took them out this weekend. They worked just fine, but when I installed my ARB compressor, they interfered with it.

Redline Tuning 21-27015-02 Hood QuickLIFT PLUS System Compatible with Toyota Tacoma 2016+ (All Black Components) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C220DLY/?tag=tacoma3g-20

Thank you! Amazon says it may not fit, but they don't know everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-213823_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211212-213823_Chrome.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 50
A friend is trying to get me to do the hood struts. But I don't open the hood often enough for it to be worth the effort.

-M

I'm not sure if your friend/coworker is as knowledgeable about truck stuff as they might think.

hood struts are nice. Had them for about a year now, not much money and very nice for gaining access to my hidden winch and other under-hoody things.

The Spiker hood struts….looks like a easy install..
My 2002 Toyota Corolla has hood struts…..my 2019..none…
Most off roaders ..do raise the hoods more often , because you want to make sure all the fluids are top off, Check the oils, battery conditions, air filters reclean after a dusty road trips…

…another , Toyota going cheap… wish they added driver side grab handle…after lifting the truck…it would make it easier to get in and out.. ..another Toyota going cheap…
2016 Tacoma has a storage box on the driver side bed…2019 ..None on the driver side? Wish I had one too..another Toyota going cheap…

I have insulation on my hood I installed, it helps during those hot summer months keep the hood cooler. It also helps deadon some sound coming from the engine bay too...can barely hear the truck run when your standing next to it

I have insulation on my hood I installed, it helps during those hot summer months keep the hood cooler. It also helps deadon some sound coming from the engine bay too...can barely hear the truck run when your standing next to it
Any particular one you used?

I need my hood to get warm in the winter to melt the snow off of it. LOL.

Back