• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

1 Up Bike Rack

Andrew0311

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
Anyone have any first hand experience of these racks?

looking to add one to my bed cross bars.

I personally haven't used one but have seen plenty used at races and talked with the users. Everything I've heard from them is that they are some of the best on the market.

I have a set of KB Voodoo bed bars and from all the research I have done they seem to be the best for running bikes in that location. I'll be making my purchase sometime this summer. Hope that helps a bit.

I don't have first hand experience but I have a hitch rack from them on my wishlist. Every buddy that has one has offroaded with it and it's the best of the best according to everyone I talk to.

Thanks guys, definitely seem to fit the bill for what I want to do with the truck. I’ll make sure to post some photos and whatnot when I finally make it happen

For wheel on racks, they are probably one of the best. If you can do wheel off you can add more security and save some cash with a fork mount mounted directly to the rack.

I have a friend who does a lot of bike racing and he and I were just talking about racks today. He swears by his one up rack and recommended them to me for mounting on the side of my tent rack.

I have a friend who does a lot of bike racing and he and I were just talking about racks today. He swears by his one up rack and recommended them to me for mounting on the side of my tent rack.
That’s what I want to do. Just to the side on my rack next to my cargo basket

These are the best and lightest. Best feature is that you can adjust side to side position without any tools due to the way they mount the bike. Downside is that you have to set each tray up for a specific tire size or width. So it you have a fat bike, a 29er and a road bike, you may not be able to use the same tray. Also not sure if you could rig a kids bike on one.

-M

Although I haven't personally used one, I've seen several of them in use at races and have spoken with people who have used them. Based on their feedback, it seems that they are among the top-rated products available.

After conducting extensive research, I have concluded that the KB Voodoo bed bars are the most suitable for carrying bikes in that area. Therefore, I plan to make my purchase sometime during the summer toyota tacoma bike racks. Hope that helps a bit.
Looking for a hitch mount bike rack for my 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport. Getting tired of throwing the bike in the bed and putting even more scratches on the panels. Any ideas of how to LOCK a hitch mount bike rack, and are there any racks that will allow me to lower the tailgate?

Hitch Lock - https://infiniterule.com/shop/?_categories=5-8-hitch-lock

Receiver extension with drop. Bunch of different heights. See if they are load bearing. A lot will say they are for tow only.

1up Rack Attck

Hollywood Racks

Yakima Holdup - Folds down.

Swagman - Tilts.
swagman-semi-20.jpg

Kuat NV 2
OIP.0Rvrvp2T9-ez0ZHNlWBfjQHaEV

Yakima SwingDaddy
1681948910396.png

Curt Platform Bike Rack

I've got to second Yakima. From bicycles to kayaks & canoes they've always seemed to have what I need.

Several other brands are using the tire clamp design now, including Kuat and Rocky Mounts.

Back