• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

Planning out my wheels/tires for a 2" OME lift

dunethetaco

2️⃣ Bronze
I've got a stock 2020 TRD OR DCLB that I'm planning on giving a ~2" lift with the Old Man Emu medium load kit.

Wheels
Once the lift is done, I'm looking at a set of 16"x8" Fifteen52 Turbomac HD Classics. It looks like I can choose a back spacing of 4.5" or 4.75". https://fifteen52.com/products/copy-of-turbomac-hd-classic?variant=14352907173954

Tires
For tires, I'm considering BFG KO2's or Falken Wildpeaks.
I know this question has been done to death, but I've seen discussions that these various sizes can fit without any rubbing:
275/75/R16 (32.2")
275/70/R16 (31.2")
265/75/R16 (31.6")
265/75/16 seemed to be the safest bet, although I'd prefer the extra height (.6") of the 275/75/R16 if that would work.

Questions
What backspacing should I choose between 4.5" or 4.75"? How will that affect rubbing and tire size?
Knowing the backspacing of the wheels, what tire size should I go with? I'd consider myself a weekend warrior, driving mostly easy forest service roads, but definitely have spots where I have to do some rock crawling. If this is too difficult to guess at over the internet, should I bring the wheels to Discount Tire and have them match and test in person?
I'm used to AWD cars where all the wheels need their treads matched and a full-size spare is required. Should I get a fifth wheel and tire, or is the stock wheel under the truck sufficient?

I have some OME products on my truck, however, mine is a 17, and your truck and model had a few upgrades to the stock suspension and height to where I don't feel that I could give you the answer you are looking for. I have 3-inch ready lift coil overs with Bilstein 6112's. and I am running Toyo's 285-70-17 with zero rubbing issues, but I am also not a rock crawler so build your lift to the type of 4- wheel ing you do the most

I'm going to assuming 4.5" is et0 on a 8" wheel.

I have 16x8et0 wheels + 1.25" wheel spacers.
I had to fold the pinch weld and do some trimming. If I had kept it 16x8et0 without the spacers it was very minimal.
4WP refused to mount the 265/75/16 on the 16x8et0 wheels + spacers. But they would if I removed the spacers.
5100/887 which is a 2" lift. Plus I had weight so I'd say it was even less. I don't think you have to worry about much.
If the suspension you go with is stiff enough to keep it around 2" you'll be fine with the 265/75/16. Might get slight baby rub on the fender liner at full turn + some compression.

Back