• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Super loud pcv rattle at idle.

Sr5fenz

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
On my 2023 tacoma v6 with 4k miles I noticed that my engine was making an awful ratcheting/grinding noise from the drivers side . I started probing around with my stethoscope and found that the pcv valve at the back of the valve cover is the source of the noise. So loud it can distinctively be heard at idle above all the normal ticking and injector noises while idling. My truck has had a rough idle from the day I bought it, abnormally strong shimmy to it and vibration while at a traffic light in gear. I had changed the oil at 1k miles for break in and just checked my oil now and it’s really dark and smells burnt. Only 3k miles since last oil change. Anyone with any insight? I’m thinking my truck has a bad PCV valve from the factory

I would bring it to the dealer for documentation of the oil problem and have them replace the PCV valve. If they won't change it, do it yourself and keep the old one for evidence

Upvote 0
Back