• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

K&D TUNING SERVICE

Taco16

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
I am tuning all 3rd gen Tacomas with the latest 2.0 tunes. These tunes will improve shifting and performance over stock and improve MPG's ! Make the truck a better driving experience! Tunes available for lifted bigger tires and re gearing 4.88 and 5.29 gears. The kit can can be very costly and i am offering to tune your truck at a big savings! PM me for pricing and service. We are also upgrading ECU's

Attachments

• company name2.jpg
    company name2.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
I got the ovtune 2.0 did the 87, 35s & stock gears! Definitely better shifting points, better acceleration, improved mpg!

Not sure if this is he right place to post this. If there's another thread I should use let me know.

I bought the vF Tuner and Tacoma 3.5L vF Tune Pack and flashed my 2017 Tacoma Off Road with the Premium Stock Thx tune. I just did the flash yesterday. I didn't really notice a huge increase in the throttle sensitivity as others have claimed. Shifting and power seem to have improved. I've only gone 50 miles and have been hitting the pedal heavily while testing responses and shifting at various speeds. The MPG hasn't improved but I think that will change with more mileage and returning to normal driving.

Has anyone else done a recent flash and didn't experience a difference in throttle sensitivity?

update: I found the OVTune thread and re posted this there. OVTune - The OVTune thread
Sorry. I'm a newb

Last edited:
I give it a tank or two. The ovtune has to relearn ur driving habits. I went from 13.5 to 15mpg after a tank difference. So improve on my books. I never get to feel or hear the 6th gear on the freeway. Now it settles at 1500rpm on freeway speeds. Good improvement there. Then there are features, from tire size, fuel enhancement, and shifting points. I’m currently on 87tune. So all I got was better shifting points no more gear hunting. So Acceleration improved from shifting points. But if I reflash to the 91tune it’ll advance my fuel and timing little more hp haven’t tried maybe after winter ❄️ I will

Greetings! I’m interested in getting the latest OV tune for my 2020 DCLB TRD OR. Would like to get this done as soon as possible! As it sits now it’s completely stock. My only plan is to add some 265/75r16 tires. No lift. Trying to keep it mild and not kill the power or mpg too much. Been debating if I should swap to 4.88’s or do the OV tune or both... Guess I’ll start with the tune. Are you in Socal? I’m in SD.

Just did the K & D tune (8/7/22) on my 3rd Gen Tacoma even with the 5.29 and 33's, in the past it was still hunting for gears and throttle responsive was lagging. With the new tune freeway driving is very enjoyable now. I can pass cars with confidence and not have the truck do a hard down shift before passing cars it will stay in 5 gear gradually increase the RPM in a before it would go back into 6. Also, I can increase the throttle without slamming the to the floor. I have not taken it off-road yet and is curious how the throttle response and power on trails.
Thanks to Dave who did my tune so if you live in the So Cal

Back