• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

iPhone holder advice

Al33

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Looking for advice on the best iPhone holder. I have a 2019 Tacoma and a cheap clip in air vent holder that works it’s way loose every week or two. Thanks!

You got a budget? Device mounting runs the gamut from dirt cheap to hundreds of $$$ depending on what you want. Best is subjective, but I've been super happy with this: Universal for Phones Device Holder G2. Super solid hold, easy in and out, have it mounted on a dash mount I got from "that other site" Tacoma Dash Multi-Mount I think. 67d makes their own now, and there's always the TPAM.

I mounted a tool holding magnet from Harbor freight and glued washers to the back of my phone, tablet, and radios. Works great! I should get a metal coffee cup.

I recently went with the weather tech cup phone. If you don’t mind giving up a cup holder it works fairly well.

I use the Steelie 360 Magnetic Mount. I have one in my Tacoma, work truck, boat and side by side. They are kind of pricey but buy them off Amazon and save.

hondo's unholey mount is fantastic. Solid, stable, easy to install, within easy reach. See the link above for my review of it.

Single Mount:

Multi Mount:

Then you just get Ram Balls and arms. Can set it up anyway you want.

Ultimate Phone Mount:

I have a Perfect Squeeze and clips sitting around if you're interested.

Looking for advice on the best iPhone holder. I have a 2019 Tacoma and a cheap clip in air vent holder that works it’s way loose every week or two. Thanks!

expedition essentials mount with ram x phone holder. Stays put even bouncing around on the trails and rocks.

I use Mob Armor. They are magnetic and solid for extreme off roading. Never falls or shifts. And it’s super affordable. Mounted to my dash

But that limits your choice of cases. Hard to find one that would charge and mount that I liked.

I use this case. https://www.ipitaka.com/products/magez-case-pro-for-iphone-11 I’ve slapped the mob armor plate on the back of it. Haven’t looked back since.
Not too bad. Nothing available for my Pixel. Might have to look up old cases and find old stock.
81PvW1SNd2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't like the weather tech one, it's not a great fit in the cup. awkward spot for phone. Plus, I saw another brand at Home Depot for half the price, and it was American made as well

hondo's unholey mount is fantastic. Solid, stable, easy to install, within easy reach. See the link above for my review of it.
Bought the hondo mount based on this rec and love it. Matched it with RAM Mounts RAM-B-238U Diamond Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball, short arm, and x-grip. You can also mount at the bottom of the vent, so it is below windshield.

Attachments

• IMG_8453.jpeg
    IMG_8453.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 86
Lower mount is what I now have. Developed a rattle after a few years that ended up being some plastic loosening with the extra tension from the mount up high. Switched to low and the squeak is gone.

Glad you like it!

Back