• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help....Wheels/tires

santos6

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my name is santos I’m out here because I would like to do some changes to my 2018 Tacoma off road. I already installed a 4in lift on it, running ko2’s 295/75r16 along with the SPC UCA. I’d like to get some bigger tires without doing any cmc, does anyone know if I could fit 305/70r16? Or anything bigger that my current set up? I’m trying to get a set of wheels, either the SCS F5’s on a -38 or Ray10 -12. Does anyone have any feedback on that? I’d really appreciate it 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Last edited:
The 305/70r16 is smaller than your 295/75r16. I think you want the 315/75r16 if your sticking with 16s. The 315 is considered a 35” tire. If you get real technical it’s 34.6 ish. Varies from company to company. If your jumping to 17s. I would recommend that if you are replacing wheels. There are lots of great option in that size of wheel. 285/75r17 being one of them. The width is not to crazy so trimming doesn’t need to be as severe. But just plan on cutting something so your not frustrated or disappointed

Thank you for your response man, I really appreciate it! And yes I’m thinking on sticking with 16’s so I’d consider the 315’s 🙌🏼🤙🏼

Back