• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Excel Formula Help

nickyreno

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hopefully there’s some Excel guru’s on here that can help me with a SUM function.

I’ve written the formula below, however I need it to only add 2.5 if the value in cell V6 is greater than zero. Anyone have a solution?

=SUM(V6,2.5,J14:J25)

Thanks

Sup nerd.

Deleting the last A1 will show a FALSE result.
If it's 0, it will return as 0.
Can hide 0's.

=IF(A1>0,A1+2.5,A1)

Capture.PNG

Sup nerd.

Deleting the last A1 will show a FALSE result.
If it's 0, it will return as 0.
Can hide 0's.

Capture.PNG
=IF(V6>0,V6+2.5,V6) works bit how do I add in the other sum range (J14:J25)?

How do you want it to add? I got that if it's greater than 0, to add 2.5. What else are you trying to do?

Is it supposed to add cumulatively? Add the entire range then add 2.5?
Just jumped on my work pc and it worked. Thanks for the help mate!

Just jumped on my work pc and it worked. Thanks for the help mate!
So it was just adding 2.5 to anything over 0? Did you mean to put it into all the other columns? What were you using the range for? Now I'm curious. I'm just one of those analytical problem solving minds.

So it was just adding 2.5 to anything over 0? Did you mean to put it into all the other columns? What were you using the range for? Now I'm curious. I'm just one of those analytical problem solving minds.
Working on a time and attendance tracker following a policy change that implemented separate occurrence values for employees in a 90 day introductory period. The formula above was being placed in a cell that was supposed to total the occurrence values in both tables of tenure, which have a 2.5 point difference, to adjust for the difference in points - while maintaining an existing corrective action level. Problem was introductory periods showing zero occurrences were summing out to 2.5 occurrence points when they needed to remain zero through their transition.

=SUM(J14:J25)+IF(V6>0,V6+2.5,V6)
This was the fix, your piece of the puzzle was what I couldn’t figure out.

Last edited:
Working on a time and attendance tracker following a policy change that implemented separate occurrence values for employees in a 90 day introductory period. The formula above was being placed in a cell that was supposed to total the occurrence values in both tables of tenure, which have a 2.5 point difference, to adjust for the difference in points - while maintaining an existing corrective action level. Problem was introductory periods showing zero occurrences were summing out to 2.5 occurrence points when they needed to remain zero through their transition.

=SUM(J14:J25)+IF(V6>0,V6+2.5,V6)
This was the fix, your piece of the puzzle was what I couldn’t figure out.
NERD!

Hopefully there’s some Excel guru’s on here that can help me with a SUM function.

I’ve written the formula below, however I need it to only add 2.5 if the value in cell V6 is greater than zero. Anyone have a solution?

=SUM(V6,2.5,J14:J25)

Thanks
If you add the 2.5 in cell J26 you can Use the IF function.
=IF(V6,>0,SUM(J14:J26),SUM(J14:J25)

Back