SoCal Custom Australian Style Canopy and Roof Top Tent For Flatbed (Socal)

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
This posting is for
Selling

cools20

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
PRICE DROP $10,000

Decided that I either wanna do a full custom camper build or buy a flatbed 4 wheel camper.

So seeing if there is any interest in this since I will need to sell it before I build the camper

Custom made canopy for 5 ft or 6 ft mid side truck flatbed depending on how you configure it (will work with the norweld flatbed and im sure all of the other midsize ones on the market currently)

Currently used twice and will be used for more future camp trips till it gets sold.

Custom Australian UTE Style Canopy:

Full Aluminum

It is about 6.2 feet wide by 5.6 feet long

It can be configured with a 5 foot flatbed and the spare gets mounted hanging off the back

It can hold a 34-35 inch tire without the tire going past the top of the canopy. (tire carrier built)

It is powder-coated white (inside/outside)

Has a full drop down fridge slide for a 55 liter fridge and slide out table on the end (fridge not included)

Also has a full drawer large drawer on the same side

Other side is empty for whatever else you would like to carry inside of it.

I have the jacks to lift the canopy off the truck for when you want to use it as a flatbed.

The canopy is mounted using 4 large nut/bolts going through the bottom into my flatbed

The doors on the canopy are lockable t handles

Custom Roof Top Tent:

Full Aluminum

It measures about 6.5 feet in length and is the exact same size as the top of the canopy at about 4.9 ft wide. (comfortably can sleep 2 people)

Interior length is only about 6 feet in length (so it is made for someone shorter then that)

At the highest point while open is about 6 feet tall (interior head space)

Has a ladder mount on all 3 sides of the tent so depending on where you are parked you will always be able to climb up into it (also will come with the ladder)

Also powder-coated white

It has 2 latched on all 3 side to keep it held down (may of been overkill but I wanted to keep the top from springing up while off-road)

Has a over the main door rain cover

Full tent material is waterproof

The tent is the same idea; mounted using 4 large nut/bolts going through the bottom of the tent into the canopy.

Holds can probably be filled if you want to move the tent to a different part than where I currently have it mounted.

Super comfortable 3 in foam mattress

Im asking $10,000
but feel free to send reasonable offers

I have about $15,000 invested into this

I don't need to sell it. Ideally would just like to go a different route with my build

Located in Southern California

FLATBED AND UNDER TRAY TOOL BOXES NOT INCLUDED

I was able to build my flatbed for about $2200 with getting a company to weld it for me. Just to give you an idea

Google images "australian ute canopies" to get an idea of how cool they really look all mounted up of a truck

If you have any questions feel free to DM me or reply here. Cheers!

PS:
Also this is not a crawl through set up (the canopy and tent are 2 separate pieces)

Attachments

Last edited:

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
PRICE DROP BUMP!

Nick BBP

T3G Level: Diamond
RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
nick
T3G Member
Damn that thing is awesome I want it so bad but I also want to flat bed even more! Obviously ones gotta come before the other glws

Nick BBP

RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
nick
T3G Member
Got any pictures of your truck with the flatbed? Curious what you got on there, with the canopy would be a bonus

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
Got any pictures of your truck with the flatbed? Curious what you got on there, with the canopy would be a bonus
Custom bed I built, box has yet to be mounted so here's a quick photoshop mock up of what I'm going for. You could always buy this and build a flatbed around the dimensions ;)

Attachments

Nick BBP

RotM Winner
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
nick
T3G Member
Custom bed I built, box has yet to be mounted so here's a quick photoshop mock up of what I'm going for. You could always buy this and build a flatbed around the dimensions ;)
If I had that kind of cash laying around I’d be kind of tempted but that looks amazing especially with the photoshop of it on

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
BUMP!

Last edited:

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
Bumpity bump!!

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
PRICE DROP BUMPITY!

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
bump bump bump

cools20

First Name
Cooley
T3G Member
#6,063
Bump! Willing to separate the box/tent ONLY if someone buys the box first.

Top Bottom