• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Access Vanish tonneau cover for access cab droopy

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
1694194270284.png

going to see about moving the brackets up or rather make sure they are even with the side edges of the bed as well as making sure the foam seal is squeezed before retightening the nuts

once I do that, I will readjust the tension

fortunately at least for the sagging situation, it has not rained much lately and you can see some of the spots where water was standing

Source: https://youtu.be/Bd_vno7sqP0?si=X5p0mi4PHb47oKwC

any other suggestions?

adjusted the rails and made sure I was turning the tightening knobs correctly since I may have forgotten they are opposite of each other - one side turning down tightens and the other side turning up tightens

Pretty much normal for any soft cover I’ve ever had. Tight in the cold, say in the heat and rain.

that just gave me a flashback to drilling a bunch of holes in the sides and tailgate of my brand new '85 nissan truck for the tonneau cover snaps.

Back