• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

Tacoma3G is a beginner-friendly 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma (2016-2023 model-years) forum. We are a community of people who are focused on good information and good vibes. T3G is the passion-project of a USMC/Toyota technician.

'17 under hood heat insulation and shock hood support

JCC

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
A friend/coworker asked me why I do not have a heat insulator under the hood. Usually some kind of material and possibly even fiberglass insulation.

He also commented about the lack if hood supports. I would think I could find some generic ones, but wanted to see if anyone had any they recommend. Thank you!

Thank you! Amazon says it may not fit, but they don't know everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-213823_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20211212-213823_Chrome.webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 58
I'm not sure if your friend/coworker is as knowledgeable about truck stuff as they might think.

hood struts are nice. Had them for about a year now, not much money and very nice for gaining access to my hidden winch and other under-hoody things.

The Spiker hood struts….looks like a easy install..
My 2002 Toyota Corolla has hood struts…..my 2019..none…
Most off roaders ..do raise the hoods more often , because you want to make sure all the fluids are top off, Check the oils, battery conditions, air filters reclean after a dusty road trips…

…another , Toyota going cheap… wish they added driver side grab handle…after lifting the truck…it would make it easier to get in and out.. ..another Toyota going cheap…
2016 Tacoma has a storage box on the driver side bed…2019 ..None on the driver side? Wish I had one too..another Toyota going cheap…

I have insulation on my hood I installed, it helps during those hot summer months keep the hood cooler. It also helps deadon some sound coming from the engine bay too...can barely hear the truck run when your standing next to it

Back