• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Rear speakers

Tacoma_2066

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one has the same issue as I'm having. I got a 2020 SR5 and the rear speakers I can't hardly hear anything out of them when the volume is turned away up. I Google my problem and I found this forum and just wondering if there is any fix for it or what other people did. Thank you for any help

That is just the nature of these trucks (and most Toyota's nowadays). They send about 70% of the output to the front speakers. Adding an amp is the minimum fix required to remedy the issue.

Upvote 0
Avoid the issue and never ride in the back seat.
Dogs Driving GIF

Upvote 0
That is just the nature of these trucks (and most Toyota's nowadays). They send about 70% of the output to the front speakers. Adding an amp is the minimum fix required to remedy the issue.
Thank you. So if I put a amp will help some. What about a another head unit?

Upvote 0
Thank you. So if I put a amp will help some. What about a another head unit?
Can change whatever you want, but the factory HU doesn't send much power back there. Also due to the design of these trucks and the speakers being that low, even with a new HU you will need to crank the rears in comparison to the front to get a balanced sound. I think my rears are about +3db over the front IIRC.

Upvote 0
Can change whatever you want, but the factory HU doesn't send much power back there. Also due to the design of these trucks and the speakers being that low, even with a new HU you will need to crank the rears in comparison to the front to get a balanced sound. I think my rears are about +3db over the front IIRC.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
Back