• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

2024 Tacoma - Conversations

Tomahawk Dog

6️⃣ Aficionado
Well, the 2024 was hoping to be a great year for all Tacoma owners and buyers.
So far this is what I am getting from the people I have talked to, ...... was it too much of a change????

• The cost is 20 to 30% more than expected it's a lot of money for a truck with what it offers.
  • Engine type is even more limited to the trim model; the manual transmission can only be had in 3 trims with the lowest powered engine (no hybrid or core for you).
*NO V6 - is a big subject, no one wants to run a 4 cyl turbo hoping it will hold up to the V6 dependability. (yeah we heard the 4 cyl is "proven" in passenger car stories)
* Of course, the bad words, ...... NEW MODEL here come the bugs! (we know its going to be guinea pig season for a couple of years)
*More plastic parts, smaller gas tank, (this comes with change......... some dont like this much change)
* Of course, the new suspension this was hoping to be a great improvement, ...... we are still waiting on the applause here.
Plus now vendors are chasing the wheel to make suspension parts that are going to feed the markets needs for lifts and mods........ and make them dependable.

Bottom line, Toyota may have presented a new model.
However, they have made major changes to the history of the proven success with the Tacoma.
Years of improving the Tacoma over the past for the user has now turned to satisfying the regulations of the future.

Your 1st 2nd and 3rd generation truck value has just increased 20 to 30%. Congratulations!