• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

YouTube channels and discussion

Thanks for that last one. I usually skip the intros, talking and get right to the trails and she does a pretty good job of just showing good trail content. Thanks for the link!

My first video about the leaf springs went from a stagnate 6.7k views to a little over 10k views in the span of a few days.

My first video about the leaf springs went from a stagnate 6.7k views to a little over 10k views in the span of a few days.

dude most mine get a few thousand views but I have one that’s over 20k. It’s weird.

My top video is me installing a suicide knob...it just involves tightening a screw?!?!? I made it as a joke. WTF? I keep getting negative comments on it as well which is confusing.

In fact all my install videos do WAY better than my adventure videos. I find that to be disappointing because the adventure videos take way more effort and I'm way more proud of them.

Last edited:
dude most mine get a few thousand views but I have one that’s over 20k. It’s weird.
I see channels that have under 10k subscribers with a single video that has around 1 million views. I’m mostly talking about van life people and the video is a tour video of their build. I need to do a walk around of my truck. I just hate filming.
My top video is me installing a suicide knob...it's just involves tightening a screw?!?!? WTF? I keep getting negative comments on it as well which is confusing.

In fact all my install videos do WAY better than my adventure videos. I find that to be disappointing because the adventure videos take way more effort and I'm way more proud of them.
I haven’t had too many negative comments yet but I know YouTube can be really rough.

I can’t remember if I’m subscribed to you, but I’m pretty sure I have been for a while. Have you uploaded recently? Can I get the link?

My top video is me installing a suicide knob...it's just involves tightening a screw?!?!? WTF? I keep getting negative comments on it as well which is confusing.

Eh people like weird things. Some crazy trails I’ve been on get very few views but a drive through the woods with nothing crazy gets a ton (sometimes) lol.

I can’t remember if I’m subscribed to you, but I’m pretty sure I have been for a while. Have you uploaded recently? Can I get the link?
I uploaded last week and the week before. I should be uploading this week but editing is not fun. Link is in my signature.

EDIT: And now I broke my sig

EDIT2: It's fixed now

Last edited:
I uploaded last week and the week before. I should be uploading this week but editing is not fun. Link is in my signature.

EDIT: And now I broke my sig

EDIT2: It's fixed now
Wtf, I wasn't subscribed. Not cool.

But now I have something to binge later. (y)

Wtf, I wasn't subscribed. Not cool.

But now I have something to binge later. (y)
Sweet! Don't judge the early videos too harshly. I think they have gotten better as I went along.

@RevN3 your seat cover video was funny. $700 for Clazzio's? Might as well get new seats. Well, maybe not new seats, but reupholster them for sure.

I have to admit, I watched most of this video in the shower this morning. Haha good video I enjoyed this.
I’m happy to be able to shower with you!

A lot of people told me they liked the humor in my first video. In this one I tried to edit it in a way that the humor helps the pacing and retention.

Not sure how I just saw this thread haha
Thanks @Tacomadad18 for the shout!

My channel is still small (soooo close to 1k subs) but I mainly do install and review videos. Started the channel by making install videos that weren't available when I needed them.
Now that my truck is more built out, I'll be doing more of the adventure-style videos (off-roading, overlanding, camping, etc.)

Luckily I really enjoy creating content so it's more a hobby for me than anything else. If you're in it for other reasons you probably won't be as successful.

I only have 670 views on my favorite video while a very mediocre video hit 23k haha gotta love it

Original link: https://youtu.be/fBaI6NTkqCo

Original link: https://youtu.be/qLdWPiSBgKc

I've found YouTube to be a weird place. I don't know what I expected but the metrics/analytics is an interesting thing they provide. Nearly 1k views and 28 subs. I see other folks have low subs and better content, at least entertaining, than people raking in ad revenue. I'll just do what I want because I have that much control.

Not sure how I just saw this thread haha
Thanks @Tacomadad18 for the shout!

My channel is still small (soooo close to 1k subs) but I mainly do install and review videos. Started the channel by making install videos that weren't available when I needed them.
Now that my truck is more built out, I'll be doing more of the adventure-style videos (off-roading, overlanding, camping, etc.)

Luckily I really enjoy creating content so it's more a hobby for me than anything else. If you're in it for other reasons you probably won't be as successful.

I only have 670 views on my favorite video while a very mediocre video hit 23k haha gotta love it

Original link: https://youtu.be/fBaI6NTkqCo

Original link: https://youtu.be/qLdWPiSBgKc
I don’t know how I wasn’t already subscribed but I am now. Your channel looks like you know the video grind so I’m sure I’ll learn some things when I start watching your videos.

I've found YouTube to be a weird place. I don't know what I expected but the metrics/analytics is an interesting thing they provide. Nearly 1k views and 28 subs. I see other folks have low subs and better content, at least entertaining, than people raking in ad revenue. I'll just do what I want because I have that much control.
I’m considering trying TubeBuddy but I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Your SEO (search optimization) is important. But at the same time I think luck is a huge factor. Videos from small channels go viral to the point where I’ve seen 500k to 1m views on a channel that averages 10k views. Crazy.

I recently started using TubeBuddy. Have seen a slight uptick views on some videos. SEO is definitely better though, which is evident with their tool that shows what rank your video shows up on certain search terms.

It helps but the YouTube algorithm is still a mystery haha

I use free tubebuddy. I find it to be meh. Then again I only put effort into making the videos, not promoting them.

I have a YouTube channel focused on Family Adventure that is going to have more Tacoma content. A recent trip we took will have some mild "wheeling."

I also shoot for Driving Line on the Harry Situations episodes:

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5EKwZ_42Yc&list=PLzmFpekl13YefScE84TzuYaCfYXgVqfwK

-M

RevN3

I've got 26 videos up that are 99% Tacoma related. Either off roading trips or installing stuff. I think I'm fairly amusing. I'm working on three more videos now...or I would be if I could focus on editing.
LOVE THE NIGHT RIDER!

I recently started using TubeBuddy. Have seen a slight uptick views on some videos. SEO is definitely better though, which is evident with their tool that shows what rank your video shows up on certain search terms.

It helps but the YouTube algorithm is still a mystery haha

I use free tubebuddy. I find it to be meh. Then again I only put effort into making the videos, not promoting them.

I tried Mr. Buddy and found it to be clunky and slowed my browser down. Its purpose is good but the execution is meh.

I found an alternative called VidIQ that seems to have a better interface, isn’t slow, and has better developers. You guys should try that one.

Back