• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Wife Approved Upgrades - Thoughts?

3cent.Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2018 Pro DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
Guys - something miraculous happened. My wife approved buying suspension upgrades that I want vs trying to be budget friendly. Maybe she wants several really fancy purses or something, or she instinctively understands the buy once, cry once mentality. haha. I hope it's the latter!

Some background info that should help the selection process. Current set up includes a front bumper plus a winch, Prinsu roof rack, RCI bed rack with an RTT. The RTT is not constantly mounted, but the bed rack stays on the truck almost always. I have 255/85R16 tires. Ice chests are going to be my route of choice while camping, instead of a powered up fridge. I do have a dual battery set up to power up any aux loads.

You guys might knock on this once you go through the below list, but my truck is my daily driver and because we live out in the DFW area, there aren't that many accessible trails or a plethora of camping sites within a 3 hr drive to take full advantage. But, my plan is to take the truck and the setup out on further trips much, much more often to get more out of what I'm investing into it.

• Front: Fox 2.5 shocks with DSC adjusters
    • Since I'm 90% on pavement, I'm thinking the adjusters will allow me to jump between daily driving vs fully packed out and on trail.
  • Rear: Unsure about the rears or a selection process? But, again, going the adjustable route for the same reason as the front shocks.
    • Fox Shock 2.5 Series, Remote Reservoir, 9.4″, 1.5-3.0″ Lift, DSC
    • Or,
      Fox Shock 2.0 Performance Series, Remote Reservoir, 9.6″, 2-3″ Lift, CD Adjuster
  • Leaf Springs:
    • Icon RXT Adjustable (same thought process in the adjustability)
    • Or,
      Dobinsons Rear Leaf Spings L59-111-R (600 lbs)
  • UCA: SPC Adjustable

I think that's everything? What do you guys think? Do I have it all right?

Alright, I think I'm just going to go with the Fox 2.5 Series in the rears and make it the same all around.

I'm still a little undecided on the leaf springs and need to do a little more research.

Back