• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Where to get cab mount chop/weld in Colorado Springs?

TacoDerek

5️⃣ Platinum
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Cement
I got some 285/70R17s on my truck last month, then added spacers yesterday. I had a little rubbing before the spacers, but after the install, I couldn't even get out of the driveway without rubbing. So I did some cutting myself after watching about a dozen Youtube videos and I got off a good amount. I only have a tiny bit of rubbing on the driver's side now but it sounds like plastic. Anyway, I don't have a welder or even know how to weld, so I'm looking to see if there's anyone in the Colorado Springs area that would be able to weld on plates for me. (I don't actually have plates either, so they'd need to fabricate them or I'll have to order some, I'm fine with either)

Tacoma Pocalypse said they could do it for me today, but it would run $350, and that seems very expensive considering I've done a huge portion of the work already.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
$350 sounds about right. I think that's what I paid for the first one.
The plates are a basic $10-20 for the set.
They aren't charging a labor rate, but a flat fee.

Shouldn't take too long. But any general welding shop could do it for you. They just have to know to be careful of the wiring that sits close and make sure nothing catches fire. Be sure to look at all the CMC pics. I had mine done twice. Both times I didn't go back far enough. :(

Back