• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Where to find current best tire sales?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
Looking to replace the BFG KM3's on my Jeep (I know) and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to find good tire sales. Four years ago got a tip from a forum that BFG was officially selling tires on eBay for $200 off purchase AND buy 4 get one free. I don't want to miss something of that nature, lol.

Man I'm in the same boat lol. Need new tires but a deal on some is always nice.

@Tyler ,
Not sure if this a great deal, but Discount Tire offers a 5% discount for veterans (with IDme) and I have always been very pleased with the service. You may also combine that with their credit card promo for an additional 5%. And they price match! Stores are everywhere. I would consider the Wildpeaks for your Jeep as they are a little more affordable, but I don't personally have experience with them.
1674317496080.png

1674317573124.png

Mark

@Tyler ,
Not sure if this a great deal, but Discount Tire offers a 5% discount for veterans (with IDme) and I have always been very pleased with the service. You may also combine that with their credit card promo for an additional 5%. And they price match! Stores are everywhere. I would consider the Wildpeaks for your Jeep as they are a little more affordable, but I don't personally have experience with them.
1674317496080.png

1674317573124.png

Mark
This is helpful! Can you tell me about how IDme works? I've never tried to use it yet. Am I missing out?

Click the link to IDme. You enter your dates of service, branch, and I believe social, and they confirm you are a veteran. They then send you a discount code to use or when you go back to the cart the code is prepopulated. Easy peasy.

Click the link to IDme. You enter your dates of service, branch, and I believe social, and they confirm you are a veteran. They then send you a discount code to use or when you go back to the cart the code is prepopulated. Easy peasy.
For some reason I thought it was a paid subscription service where it is exactly what you said but you also pay $x a year to have your veteran discounts.

For some reason I thought it was a paid subscription service where it is exactly what you said but you also pay $x a year to have your veteran discounts.
Nope. That's Veterans Advantage, which you have to pay to become a member.

Going to kind of hijack your thread a bit Tyler, hope that's okay lol. Does anybody know where to buy the new toyo r/t trail tires? I've only seen 4WP and summit racing selling them online. I'll probably call some local shops in the next few weeks and see if they can get their hands on some as well.

Going to kind of hijack your thread a bit Tyler, hope that's okay lol. Does anybody know where to buy the new toyo r/t trail tires? I've only seen 4WP and summit racing selling them online. I'll probably call some local shops in the next few weeks and see if they can get their hands on some as well.
Love my Toyo MT Pizza Cutters. No clue where to get the new RT's.

When buying stuff I usually check the main retailers, the big online companies, Google Shopping, eBay, Amazon. Sometimes for bigger purchases I super cheap ass it and stack discounts/cashback/cashback programs.
Once I decide on where I'm getting them from I'll check to see if they charge tax and shipping.
Last few times it's been a toss up between eBay and 4WP.
It was eBay for a while. Amazon had some sales or something pop up randomly. Same with 4WP.
Sometimes you can call around and see if you can find a guy that will sell tires for cost and just be interested in collecting for labor. There's a bunch of guys around here that do that. They have some tire network where they can source out tires and get them delivered to them. It's like when batch numbers get older and have been on the shelf, they start to discount them heavily.

If you have USAA you get 25% off Goodyear plus an additional 120.00 rebate if you use your goodyear cc.

I know theyy arent bfg but duratracs are a decent tire.

If you have USAA you get 25% off Goodyear plus an additional 120.00 rebate if you use your goodyear cc.

I know theyy arent bfg but duratracs are a decent tire.
Is that an offer you have to redeem from the USAA site?
Also credit card offers is always worth checking out.

Back