ARCHIVED What would make Tacoma3G.com a better website for you guys?

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Now that we're coming up on four months of being online and have been thriving ever since, I thought I'd check in with the community to find out what you guys would like to see updated/changed/added to the website. I admit I have totally neglected the forum lately, but I haven't been neglecting T3G itself; just posting less cause of how busy I am behind the scenes.

Anyway, we've had a strong run with the site exactly how it is, and I've gotten a ton of positive feedback on the way it looks. But I'd like to start expanding to make it even more useful for 3rd gen owners. Please drop all suggestions in this thread, whether it is the addition of more forums and sub-forums, or more site features that we don't currently offer.

Things I have in mind:
  • A real homepage. Rather than the forum being the first thing you see, I'm thinking an actual website homepage with videos and articles related to 3rd gen stuff could be cool.
  • A real marketplace. The marketplace system we have now is working, but I'm thinking it would be cool to have a no-shit buy/sell/trade system in place that makes browsing much more user-friendly, kinda like how OfferUp looks.
  • A wiki. This would rely on the community, as most wiki's do. But so many people ask me simple 3rd gen and wheeling questions. It would be kinda cool to just link them to the relevant wiki page.
  • More forums. Launching the forum I didn't wanna have too many forums cause I don't like having dead sections on the site. But now I think we're at the point where a few more wouldn't hurt, depending on what you guys want.
  • Better vendor system + premium vendors and regular vendors being seperated
  • The supply store and drop-shipping of actual parts - this one is big and has always been "under construction"

Greenbean

= II • Bronze
First Name
Zack
T3G Member
It would be great if within their thread titles on for sale items people listed stuff like “the old days” of the web

FS: NC
WTB:CO
FS:WNC

In other words showing their general location or using their State code.

Just an idea,

joeytheskybison

= II • Bronze
First Name
Joey
T3G Member
I dig the instagram presence, it makes it easy to find and connect with local people but I would like to see more build features. Like instead of just posting up a photo of someone's rig it would be cool do go a little deeper and get some more information about it in the post.

D

Deleted member 643

I dig the instagram presence, it makes it easy to find and connect with local people but I would like to see more build features. Like instead of just posting up a photo of someone's rig it would be cool do go a little deeper and get some more information about it in the post.
Good idea!

WARDADY

= II • Bronze
First Name
Eldon
T3G Member
Just a few ideas;
- Have a response area of 5-50 mile radius based off of current Location (from profile info) in regards to events, trips, friends, deals/sales, trails, etc.
-Just a tad more user friendly would be nice as well.
- More giveaways because who doesn’t like free cool Shit!?!

D

Deleted member 643

Maybe a monthly vendor spotlight which could include in depth product breakdowns, discount code or even showcase builds. If you coordinate with a different vendor each month, it may be a great way for them to increase exposure while simultaneously incentivizing purchases by offering a discount for each monthly featured vendor.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
-Just a tad more user friendly would be nice as well.
Can you elaborate on this one please?

Got everything else that’s been posted so far. Thanks guys, keep it coming.

D

Deleted member 643

Also, and this feature would probably be most helpful to folks whom are new to Tacoma, but maybe a thread that breaks down some of the most popular mod options, tire sizes, where to buy, etc. One of the problems with the old site is that there isn't one centralized thread that contains this type of information. Consequently, there are a million new threads started about suspension, tire sizes etc.

Structure of the page could be as simple as having the basic categories, then under each one, offering several options with the corresponding links on where to buy, whether it be one vendor or multiple so as to not show a bias towards one or another vendor.

Another member on here put together a beautiful spreadsheet on bumper options, not that this thread would have to be that in depth, but it was a great example of showcasing several options in one place.

Just a thought.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Also, and this feature would probably be most helpful to folks whom are new to Tacoma, but maybe a thread that breaks down some of the most popular mod options, tire sizes, where to buy, etc. One of the problems with the old site is that there isn't one centralized thread that contains this type of information. Consequently, there are a million new threads started about suspension, tire sizes etc.

Structure of the page could be as simple as having the basic categories, then under each one, offering several options with the corresponding links on where to buy, whether it be one vendor or multiple so as to not show a bias towards one or another vendor.

Another member on here put together a beautiful spreadsheet on bumper options, not that this thread would have to be that in depth, but it was a great example of showcasing several options in one place.

Just a thought.
I totally agree. And ultimately I would love to have this displayed in a wiki format so the information could be endless. But for now I think we can create a FAQ forum.

D

Deleted member 643

I totally agree. And ultimately I would love to have this displayed in a wiki format so the information could be endless. But for now I think we can create a FAQ forum.
That's a damn good idea.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
You guys know by now I’m all about community input. So this is what I’m working with right now. Suggestions?
B6E1709C-729A-43B2-A496-909A14610E13.png
2819210C-A1B6-47F8-BFF6-DD220E726A28.png

D

Deleted member 643

Dude, that's awesome, nice work! One of my biggest gripes about the other site before I left, even the FB groups are the repetitive questions that clog up the news feed and make finding good tech info next to impossible. Having this basic stuff easily accessible will hopefully help mitigate that. Surely there will be some that fall through the cracks but this is definitely a good start.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Currently working on breaking them down into categories so they’re easier to navigate.

D

Deleted member 643

Currently working on breaking them down into categories so they’re easier to navigate.
You're the man, man! If you need help with anything, just lemme know and I will see what I can do.

Also, might be something to consider since you are looking at boosting your Youtube content. What if you did little "Tech" videos by some of the members? Think things like suspension tutorials, install guidance, wiring, etc? Maybe even getting vendor videos explaining specific parts light lighting, fab parts and the like?

Essentially getting some good, educational content on here and not just in write ups. So many people would rather watch a video, so why not look to some of the members to create that content? Hell, even some of the vendors could do install how to style videos.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
You're the man, man! If you need help with anything, just lemme know and I will see what I can do.

Also, might be something to consider since you are looking at boosting your Youtube content. What if you did little "Tech" videos by some of the members? Think things like suspension tutorials, install guidance, wiring, etc? Maybe even getting vendor videos explaining specific parts light lighting, fab parts and the like?

Essentially getting some good, educational content on here and not just in write ups. So many people would rather watch a video, so why not look to some of the members to create that content? Hell, even some of the vendors could do install how to style videos.
That actually kinda ties into something else I’ve been thinking about, which is the addition of “website gurus”, which are members (like yourself) who provide above average content and posts that people are able to learn from. Kinda of like a writer for T3G.

Also, what do you guys think about having a custom URL for your build thread? The same way I have https://tyler.tacoma3g.com for mine.

D

Deleted member 643

That actually kinda ties into something else I’ve been thinking about, which is the addition of “website gurus”, which are members (like yourself) who provide above average content and posts that people are able to learn from. Kinda of like a writer for T3G.

Also, what do you guys think about having a custom URL for your build thread? The same way I have https://tyler.tacoma3g.com for mine.
aahhh shucks. Thanks dude. Definitely happy to contribute. I've always been more than happy to help local members here in AZ.. Hell, even MMoreno16 came out here to do his truck. But If I can spread some knowledge and help members outside of AZ, definitely happy to do it.

Custom URL for the build thread would be great too.

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member

Taco_primo

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
T3G O.G.
First Name
Brent
Military
Navy
T3G Member
You guys know by now I’m all about community input. So this is what I’m working with right now. Suggestions?
B6E1709C-729A-43B2-A496-909A14610E13.png
2819210C-A1B6-47F8-BFF6-DD220E726A28.png

Really great work on this man, I think it will be very helpful for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom