• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What will my truck look like with 285/75r15 0 offset.

Mikedmbn1

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hey everyone! New here. Just bought a 2023 trd offroad. I'm wondering if anyone can show me what my truck might look like with 3" spacers in the front and 1" in the back along with 285/75r15 tires and a 0 offset wheel? Any pics would be great!

Even better..if you have my exact truck..it's black, 4 door and 6' bed. Any pics would be great! I'm really excited to get started!

Not to bring you down, but 3" spacers would be a terrible idea. With wheels at 0 offset, that puts you at -75mm effective offset (100mm more offset than the factory +25 wheel) which is in the territory of wheel that is just straight non-functional. The extra strain from that much offset would also burn up your front wheel bearings very quickly and the truck would wander all over the road and steering would be horribly twitchy. There is also a much higher chance of some sort of mechanical failure with a 3" wide spacer.

You're probably going for a long travel look with trying to run that wide but you definitely won't achieve that. I don't believe anyone's tried this and they really shouldn't. Last thing you want is an accident due to something beyond your control.

1" - 1.5" is common so you may have better luck asking for photos of that!

Good luck!

Sorry...I'm not too familiar with truck parts and things lol. I may have said it wrong but I was talking about a 3" leveling kit. 3" in front and 1" in back. Not the spacers to make the tires stick out more. Thanks for the warning tho..very much appreciated that you cared enough to say something. Here is my end result. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

• 20221201_075547.jpg
    20221201_075547.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 99
Sorry...I'm not too familiar with truck parts and things lol. I may have said it wrong but I was talking about a 3" leveling kit. 3" in front and 1" in back. Not the spacers to make the tires stick out more. Thanks for the warning tho..very much appreciated that you cared enough to say something. Here is my end result. I'm very happy with it.

Ooooh, my bad! The truck looks good at that height, definitely. Bigger tires later on will look and feel much better.

What kind of spacers did you install?

That's a great height.

To answer the tire question, I don't think you'll find a 15" wheel to clear the brake calipers. Smallest I've seen ran is a 16".

Long bed looks GREAT!

Back