What tent did you guys start with for camping/overlanding? | Page 2 | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

What tent did you guys start with for camping/overlanding?

Oregon_tacoma

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G O.G.
First Name
Daniel
T3G #
That’s what I’m running right now until I save enough money for a roof top tent, there so dang expensive!! Lol
Hey man I watch your channel!! I just watched this video a few days ago and it totally sold me on one of these. I dont like rtt but I wanted something off the ground and these seem perfect the rightline is the one I want too because it doesn't have the bottom that actually goes in the bed. Anyways man thanks for the awesome videos keep up the good work!

Thread starter #25

Jesse Rizo

T3G Level: Gold
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G #
Hey man I watch your channel!! I just watched this video a few days ago and it totally sold me on one of these. I dont like rtt but I wanted something off the ground and these seem perfect the rightline is the one I want too because it doesn't have the bottom that actually goes in the bed. Anyways man thanks for the awesome videos keep up the good work!
Heck yea man any friend I can get watching I appreciate that :)!!!!, yea there not to bad for the price for me eventually I’ll probably do rtt down the road but for now I love my tent so far lol it’s gotten it’s use 😂👍
Thanks again :)

Thread starter #27

Jesse Rizo

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G #

mcharfauros

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
Military Service
Army
T3G #
Not an overlander, just a guy who likes to wheel. That said I thought I’d give camping a go, and secured a Mobiflex Tent. Stores nice, sets up quick, 4-season, space for days, and didn’t run me over $100. Taking baby steps.

9ED3326D-39C8-40DB-853B-995D2F076BA9.jpeg

Break in the weather, so I set it up for the first time to see what I was working with. Pretty please with it, looking forward to real world testing in Oliver Springs, TN this March
70B4D05D-955E-4160-9260-A9711680166B.jpeg

Thread starter #29

Jesse Rizo

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jesse
T3G #
That’s aw
Not an overlander, just a guy who likes to wheel. That said I thought I’d give camping a go, and secured a Mobiflex Tent. Stores nice, sets up quick, 4-season, space for days, and didn’t run me over $100. Taking baby steps.

View attachment 9828

Break in the weather, so I set it up for the first time to see what I was working with. Pretty please with it, looking forward to real world testing in Oliver Springs, TN this March
View attachment 9829
awesome man you can get the whole family in there surprised it’s less then $100 I usually see those run allt

mcharfauros

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
Military Service
Army
T3G #
That’s aw

awesome man you can get the whole family in there surprised it’s less then $100 I usually see those run allt
Yea that was the idea, to fit my family comfortably in a RTT would be a challenge. I couldn’t really justify spending a crazy amount on a tent and not add any performance or capability to the truck. As for pricing, I just got lucky again, a family was PCSing out of here, just happen to come across it by chance.