• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Oh yeah. Just made a little upgrade today. Got myself some bilstein 5100 pluse 17s Fuels with BFG all terrain. I can sleep good tonight Cant wait for more mods to come
BCF64F92-3B8A-438D-92BC-D8E9EEB8D067.jpeg
018A43D3-2D48-4252-85F8-194240BA5169.jpeg

Not today* but the other day, I swapped the worn out ko2s for some new Falkens. Have to say I’m more than happy with these ?
DF656CBC-9EAC-44E8-BF1B-F2341170680C.jpeg
new Falkens look great man.

Havent done anything lately to mine but remove the tent since i have no trips coming up for another 3 weeks or so. Should get my snorkel in soon, a 40" lightbar from RIGID and then i got some rock lights, and flush mounts to install.

Finished up my clazzio heated seat install. Not 100% sure they are working yet though. But at least my switches light up with the headlights
IMG_20190203_141728_01.jpg
Hey man glad you found a place for those switches, that looks really nice and clean. you killed it with that install.

Hey man glad you found a place for those switches, that looks really nice and clean. you killed it with that install.
Thanks, too bad I either botched the install or I got bad heaters, they aren't heating up

Thanks, too bad I either botched the install or I got bad heaters, they aren't heating up
oh damn, possibly a wiring issue? did you try tracing the wires and double checking to make sure everything is hooked up right? where do you have the power supply hooked into

I traced it and retraced it. I have an Add a fuse tapped into the 20 amp s/roof spot for the actual heaters and an add a fuse tapped into the tail fuse for the lighting. Confirmed voltage at the plug under the seats. So unless my basic electrical knowledge is failing me everything should be good. Might try tapping into another spot later.

I traced it and retraced it. I have an Add a fuse tapped into the 20 amp s/roof spot for the actual heaters and an add a fuse tapped into the tail fuse for the lighting. Confirmed voltage at the plug under the seats. So unless my basic electrical knowledge is failing me everything should be good. Might try tapping into another spot later.
If youre getting power to the plugs that power the heater than it may be safe to assume your heaters are bad.

If youre getting power to the plugs that power the heater than it may be safe to assume your heaters are bad.

The only thing that makes me question them being bad is what are the chances all 4 heating elements are bad? Plus that's the last thing I want to do is pull the seat covers off.

Do you have a good ground?

This morning on the way to work drivers seat got nice and toasty. I think I am still going to try another circuit and maybe even split the seats to different fuses. Still a bit concerned that the circuit I tapped into had 12v even when the truck was off.

This morning on the way to work drivers seat got nice and toasty. I think I am still going to try another circuit and maybe even split the seats to different fuses. Still a bit concerned that the circuit I tapped into had 12v even when the truck was off.
Definitely change that up before you forget to turn the heater off one day

Any recommendations on which one to use? I am using the s/roof one now. the s/htr also had 12v when the truck was off which I thought was weird considering I have neither of those options.

Definitely change that up before you forget to turn the heater off one day

Any recommendations on which one to use? I am using the s/roof one now. the s/htr also had 12v when the truck was off which I thought was weird considering I have neither of those options.
You need s volt meter and just dig into wires preferably nothing of value as example in your center console there should be a 12v aux cigarette style plug that should only have power then the truck is in on position or running and it should be dead once off , hook a bolt meter and check the wires turn car on then off.

Even if your model has no plug there inside the console there is a high chance the wiring is there

I moved to the door R/L fuse which I checked has no voltage when off like. Seats just warmed up in about 5 minutes or so.

See attached picture yellow is where it is now red is where it was before

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_163358~2__01.jpg
    IMG_20190127_163358~2__01.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 80
See attached picture yellow is where it is now red is where it was before
Ohhhh k that works that's for the power to you door locks and shit , better then hsveing it constantly on , I'm assuming you also have a inline fuse for these heaters ?

Ohhhh k that works that's for the power to you door locks and shit , better then hsveing it constantly on , I'm assuming you also have a inline fuse for these heaters ?
Yeah the add a fuse has two fuses. The original fuse was a 20 amp and the one for the heaters is 15 amp.

Update: it appears that the heated seats will only warm up if you the switch is lit up. Currently the way I have it wired that means at least the parking lights need to be on.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Just made a little upgrade today. Got myself some bilstein 5100 pluse 17s Fuels with BFG all terrain. I can sleep good tonight Cant wait for more mods to come
BCF64F92-3B8A-438D-92BC-D8E9EEB8D067.jpeg
018A43D3-2D48-4252-85F8-194240BA5169.jpeg

Looks freakin awesome man! That black on black is so nice.

Pulled the trigger on some allpro apex sliders from Summit Racing. They had them in stock in their new Arlington,TX location and they are allegedly shipping tomorrow. They have free shipping on stuff over $99 and a sale going on so after taxes and $17 “heavy” shipping charge they are cheaper than buying direct from allpro! I feel like it’s too good to be true but we will see what happens in a couple days when they show up.

Pulled the trigger on some allpro apex sliders from Summit Racing. They had them in stock in their new Arlington,TX location and they are allegedly shipping tomorrow. They have free shipping on stuff over $99 and a sale going on so after taxes and $17 “heavy” shipping charge they are cheaper than buying direct from allpro! I feel like it’s too good to be true but we will see what happens in a couple days when they show up.
Smokin deal!

Very nice. I have the same skids and love them. I still need to do the abs guards.

Back