• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Spent the day filming our second video, the @Victory4x4 roof rack install. Paige put it together and installed it, time to get to editing!

B6580B84-2936-4EA1-B361-59CCECE2CC81.jpeg

480FFE0D-820A-4F2D-AEB7-E7223D049E57.jpeg
A0B8C4B0-5C93-4503-993B-328A515DBC91.jpeg

C067AD16-7F5E-41E7-AC9B-2E8C318803E1.jpeg

So I just had my truck weighed for the first time ever. 5800 lbs with me in it. That’s almost the weight of my one ton Chevy. Holy shit, lol.
Where'd you go to get weighed? My scale maxes out at 400 lbs...

When I had my last setup I weighed the truck and it was just under 6,000 lbs fully stocked for camping. That was pre armor. I'm hoping to weigh it again in an upcoming trip.

There's a CAT truck scale north of me by about an hour and a half that I pass when leaving southern California. It cost me something like $14 to weigh the truck last time.

Installed 17" Method Roost wheels wrapped in 285/70r/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and a Bilstein 6112 Coilover shocks and 5160 shocks with Icon RXT leaf springs.

Where did you find the replacement parts? I've been looking to delete the orange trim on mine.
Looks like MESO Customs. I did the same mod. MESO makes it so easy!

Swapped out my Cali Raised fogs for my new diode dynamics. I loved my Cali Raised, but I think I love these more...

IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1064.jpg

Got my truck washed for the first time in ages.

F8A96F91-C469-43B1-9429-B2467CA6DC1C.jpeg

BUT THEN THIS:

Those of you that follow my build might know that nothing ever goes right for me with truck related stuff.

Today we drove 300+ miles (almost two tanks of gas) to have our camper installed tomorrow morning.

5.5 hours later, 10 minutes from the hotel (which is down the road from the camper shop), they call me. As soon as I saw the call I said to my wife, I KNEW we wouldn’t be getting the camper tomorrow.

I answered the phone and sure enough, the delivery truck broke down, and they might have the camper this Friday.

So here I am on a pointless 600 mile round trip, in a $120 hotel for no reason, with my wife off from work Monday-Wednesday for no reason (but not Thursday/Friday), and I’ll have to do it all again later this week, unsure if she can even come.

Typical Tyler situation.

Back