• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Finished the snorkel in the rain. It sucked.

3C3136AB-51C1-492C-B52D-DA66371BB28E.jpeg
F73F8E24-9E64-4F81-8D46-447AA7412ECA.jpeg
0D3E021A-C673-48D6-A631-83A6FB02906F.jpeg
F844EF30-B0DD-4B51-BC1D-B02A3D1D4F14.jpeg
49B9D7B1-ED78-40F5-87F4-1BA67B1168FC.jpeg
C7445EC7-2568-451E-8468-5167444B9339.jpeg
4A1848A7-5F5F-4FCC-8BFE-061D07910CF0.jpeg

Looks like they just hit the hitch. Am I right?

Looks like it. Before we pulled off the highway, the guy was stuck on my hitch. I can't find any damage to my bumper and the undercarriage looks good. I might have it inspected just in case.

Wait, did they break the ball off the hitch?

Lmfao nope! I run without a ball until I need it. The ball is in my center console, however.

Looks like it. Before we pulled off the highway, the guy was stuck on my hitch. I can't find any damage to my bumper and the undercarriage looks good. I might have it inspected just in case.

Lmfao nope! I run without a ball until I need it. The ball is in my center console, however.
Phew. If that plastic car was able to break the ball I was going to need to re-evaluate my life, lol.

Forgot to take photos, but I recut my bed on one side because it was pretty much touching my high clearance rear bumper and causing the powder coat to scratch. I grinding my cut off exhaust pipe to clean it up a bit. And I painted one of my sliders that was beat up.

I also ordered the thing I’ve wanted the most for the longest amount of time. That’s a surprise for now.

Got her aligned at RPM Garage here in SoCal with what they call their OCD alignment. They really dialed her in. Def go check them out
D1A76742-2E2B-4B1A-9962-A1312678DF1D.jpeg
Nice, at least you were able to get a good alignment! I'll be retrying mine next week at a new shop. They think they can definitely do it.

Just got me a fancy ass T3G patch for a great cause! I urge all members to go purchase one and if you can swing an additional donation to the firefighters, please do! They are there to save our asses when we need them the most, the least we can do is return the favor.

Just got me a fancy ass T3G patch for a great cause! I urge all members to go purchase one and if you can swing an additional donation to the firefighters, please do! They are there to save our asses when we need them the most, the least we can do is return the favor.
Dig it, thanks Jerry!

Dig it, thanks Jerry!
I'm in! Purchased.

After almost a year, I started the first stage of my "BSM in the taillight" project! I busted them open.
20191221_164953.jpg

20191221_172407.jpg

Dude if you pull that off you are a genius. What's your game plan? I removed mine for the high clearance but I miss them dearly.

I just installed a set of spotter mirrors, 10 minute mod witch made a huge difference. I lost my blindspot monitoring when I put a flatbed on. I've been looking for a clean solution forever and this is it!
20191231_170158.jpg
Looks really useful with the camper. This is a great reference image for what my view might feel like with the camper with/without the spotter mirrors.

Looks really useful with the camper. This is a great reference image for what my view might feel like with the camper with/without the spotter mirrors.
It's almost perfect with the FWC I looked into entire aftermarket mirrors for a while but I always hated the look of them. Also helps a ton with the dog always blocking the back windows when I need to check the blind spot haha.

Nothing yet, but I'm about to go wash the 'sumbitch........its dirty. Hit the snow on Monday, with the kids. Then hit some mud on the way down the mountain. Car wash bound, now.

If I'm feeling really froggy, afterwards, I'll be doing front brake rotors and pads. Realistically, it will be a project for Saturday, though.

Happy New Year!
20200101_113917-01.jpeg
20200101_114046-01.jpeg
20200101_114057-01.jpeg

Back