• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Currently in the process of getting a bunch done with the truck.

Rebuild Coil overs and install new 700# coils
Rebuild UCA's
Install new rocklights.
Install new Inner Fender liners, as well as pie cut and completely flatten the pinch weld
Paint Mirror Caps Satin Black
Install new v5 Meso Ultimate turn signals & Puddle Pods.
Install a prototype set of Meso's new interior chrome delete
wire my rear bumper lights as well as the front bumper lightbar
Install Durobumps on the front suspension.

Gonna be a busy week!!

Wrapping the mirrors might be easier

Screenshot_20191126-210608.png

Had to do it. I try to drop subtle hints to bring people over without blatantly asking. This one might not be so subtle. Hahaha

I like it over here so much better it it seems like lately it's been a little slow on this side of the net

I like it over here so much better it it seems like lately it's been a little slow on this side of the net

It's definitely been a bit slow around here. We're trying to keep the chill vibe we have here, but we also need people to post up and keep conversations going to build the site. New users are a good thing. Most people who pop up here are very happy with the vibe T3G has in comparison to the other site and we want to keep it that way.

Oh, and I got a little bit further on my bumper progress today. Rerouted and wired up the rear camera relocation, rerouted the CB antenna, mounted the tire mount, hi lift mount, drop down table, and installed the swing out gas strut. I need to go pick up some nuts to secure the tire and I'll throw the spare up there.

IMG_20191127_161037.jpg

Unfortunately I noticed this while I was under the truck, it's new and I'll be addressing it asap.

IMG_20191127_150446.jpg

IMG_20191127_150439.jpg

Thank you. It's odd because we usually have around 100 different members at least log in at some point each day, but most stay quiet. I'm guilty of that myself but I'm going to be posting more and trying to create/encourage conversation for members. On the flip side, I think some of our members actually appreciate the slower pace we have here.

Got a bunch done the past few days. Suspension is all rebuilt and back on the truck. Installed new inner fender liners after I sectioned and completely flattened my pinch welds. Installed durobumps up front, wired up my rear bumper BD s2 pros and installed my new red rock lights which turned out awesome. Also had my mirror caps painted satin black and they turned out sick, especially with the new Meso V5 ultimate turn signals. Now I just need to installed his puddle pods and the interior chrome delete kit he sent me. Took care of a few other small things I've been wanting to get done

20191128_160638.jpg
20191128_180518.jpg

Got a bunch done the past few days. Suspension is all rebuilt and back on the truck. Installed new inner fender liners after I sectioned and completely flattened my pinch welds. Installed durobumps up front, wired up my rear bumper BD s2 pros and installed my new red rock lights which turned out awesome. Also had my mirror caps painted satin black and they turned out sick, especially with the new Meso V5 ultimate turn signals. Now I just need to installed his puddle pods and the interior chrome delete kit he sent me. Took care of a few other small things I've been wanting to get done

20191128_160638.jpg
20191128_180518.jpg
I gotta step up my light game

Getting ready for the snowmageddon

Attachments

• IMG_20191201_104313.jpg
    IMG_20191201_104313.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 82
Your truck has become such a beast in the last year. Keep us updated on the diff leak. :(

Thanks man. Honestly I feel I may have gone too far, haha

Added some @spotter-mirror to help with blindspots.

Install was super easy and they retain the defrost feature. Really excited to see how these help out with the Tacomas blindspots.

I'll be doing a full write up of my thoughts on them in time. For now you can find more information about them at https://spottermirror.com/p/toyota/2016-2019-tacoma-2014-2019-4runner/

IMG_20191206_144030.jpg
IMG_20191206_151221.jpg
I think these could come in handy on my truck when I have the camper on the back. Those are sweet — I love the OEM look.

Added some @spotter-mirror to help with blindspots.

Install was super easy and they retain the defrost feature. Really excited to see how these help out with the Tacomas blindspots.

I'll be doing a full write up of my thoughts on them in time. For now you can find more information about them at https://spottermirror.com/p/toyota/2016-2019-tacoma-2014-2019-4runner/

IMG_20191206_144030.jpg
IMG_20191206_151221.jpg
I'd like to do this the blindspots with a cap are nuts, I just got some autozone circle boys on there now

What of I told you vehicles don't have blind spots?

Yeah, yeah, I know. There's always going to be someone who tells me that I just need to adjust the mirrors correctly. I'm not here to argue with you. I've had my mirrors adjusted that way for years. That said I've now got even more visibility than I had, is that a bad thing?

Yeah, yeah, I know. There's always going to be someone who tells me that I just need to adjust the mirrors correctly. I'm not here to argue with you. I've had my mirrors adjusted that way for years. That said I've now got even more visibility than I had, is that a bad thing?
Not a bad thing at all and I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all just trying to help out. ?

Back