• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Just put on scs f5’s 16x8 3.5 backspacing.
612C3A33-FB37-4401-8515-BAD4BDADC974.jpeg
CB87E047-7760-4E00-9DDF-54068C11B484.jpeg
96443B7A-DD2B-493D-8E5F-7B37EA4AFADF.jpeg
3A83CFC7-4002-4D24-A1BF-85B8DB1BA09F.jpeg

Last edited:

So this week I decided to add some hood struts to the Tacoma, because why not? I ordered my hood struts from Redline Tuning, fast shipping, great product and a fairly straight forward install. However, if you have made other modifications under your hood of your 3rd gen Tacoma, the install might not go as smoothly as you expect.

What I did not realize prior to install, is that the passenger side strut would have to fall directly over my new K&N intake air box in order to close properly. I did not find this out until after the install was complete. Minor (sketchy) modifications were neccessary to get my hood to close with these new struts.

Here is my review video of my experience. Hopefully this will help save some headaches and frustrations for future installers with after market air intakes.

I went on my first real, proper, solo (mostly) overlanding adventure last night in the Oregon coast range. Seems odd for that to be the case for a guy my age, I usually just going camping with friends though. Anyway, it was a great trip!

2019-11-04 07.02.44.jpg

2019-11-04 07.03.09.jpg

2019-11-04 07.27.54.jpg

More pics in my insta and I'll have a video on my youtube before long.

We've heard the issues, were working on correcting the template actively. For now your can place the template on the snorkel and punch out the correct holes.

I've actually since already ordered and installed you're guys snorkel and I love it. The template was off, but it wasn't an issue. Took a few extra minutes with a marker to set up the holes and boom, installed. Love the snorkel. Glad you guys found your way here, we're happy to have you on the site ?. Let me know if you guys want to set up a vendor account ?.

Gratuitous post @DobinsonsUSA install pic ?

IMG_20191019_143102.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_072348.jpg
    IMG_20191112_072348.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 74
Sadly,

About a week ago, I had someone who was driving in the lane next to me (to my right), decide it was a good idea to try and do a u-turn right into my 1 month old truck
:confused::(:mad:
IMG_2068.jpg

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

What's the plan now? You going to replace it with another Tacoma?

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

What's the plan now? You going to replace it with another Tacoma?

No air bags deplyed and no frame damage, so it's getting repaired at a Toyota Dealer, with Toyota OEM parts and panels. In addition to repairs, my agent is going after them for diminished value as well, since a CarFAX report will reduce the value.

No air bags deplyed and no frame damage, so it's getting repaired at a Toyota Dealer, with Toyota OEM parts and panels. In addition to repairs, my agent is going after them for diminished value as well, since a CarFAX report will reduce the value.
Message us to get it lifted after its all done, Hope it has a speedy recovery!

Looks awesome ?. Great looking size.

Not today but a few days ago put in AJT vent rings and cupholder trim in cement.
IMG_20191109_161431.jpg

That's a score. Those bed mats are actually really handy.

Worked on getting the scratches off the truck yesterday. What a task. I’d rather be wheeling...

Also, anyone have experience with line x on their sliders, does it actually hold up to rocks?
F854B6B1-918C-4D6A-979E-1911A5FCAF00.jpeg

Worked on getting the scratches off the truck yesterday. What a task. I’d rather be wheeling...

Also, anyone have experience with line x on their sliders, does it actually hold up to rocks?
F854B6B1-918C-4D6A-979E-1911A5FCAF00.jpeg
If correctly applied and cured properly it holds up great !! Actuslly waiting to do my new engine sheild

Tell me about the scratches, I spent almost 4 hours polishing. I couldnt feel my hands. Im wrapping the truck but im doing a proper paint correction before

Tell me about the scratches, I spent almost 4 hours polishing. I couldnt feel my hands. Im wrapping the truck but im doing a proper paint correction before

I would much rather be getting the scratches than removing them ?.

Put the wheel blackout vinyl on last weekend but haven't been able to get a good picture until now
IMG_20191123_093129.jpg

And that's just a shadow on the back of the bed not a stripe

Put on my tailgate letters, only had them since April. Also finally stopped advertising for the stealership I bought it from and took off the license plate frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20191123_134331.jpg
    IMG_20191123_134331.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Currently in the process of getting a bunch done with the truck.

Rebuild Coil overs and install new 700# coils
Rebuild UCA's
Install new rocklights.
Install new Inner Fender liners, as well as pie cut and completely flatten the pinch weld
Paint Mirror Caps Satin Black
Install new v5 Meso Ultimate turn signals & Puddle Pods.
Install a prototype set of Meso's new interior chrome delete
wire my rear bumper lights as well as the front bumper lightbar
Install Durobumps on the front suspension.

Gonna be a busy week!!

Back