• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Today I finally installed my power tray and new fuse setup , s pod coming soon

And I finally did the a/c drain mod hahaha :whistle:

Mudflaps are off. Excuse to post a pic.

Did the AC drain mod today...I'm doubting it was required. I took some videos. I'll post it once I have some time to edit.

Got a wild hair across my ass and decided to Plasti-dip my Tacoma badges. When I started removing the masking on the first one I realized the error of my ways. I masked too close to the badges and had no real area to grab and remove the stuff around the outside. I also didn't have a way to get the Plasti-dip put of the middle of the letters. So to prevent scratching my paint all up I figured I'd just remove the badges. Looks better IMHO.

Also Plasti-dipped all the silver/gray fasteners in the bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190915_143821.jpg
    IMG_20190915_143821.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20190915_153822.jpg
    IMG_20190915_153822.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 79
Installed DMM for my phone

Just installed the DMM with the exact same setup. That labor day sale was incredible!

Got a wild hair across my ass and decided to Plasti-dip my Tacoma badges. When I started removing the masking on the first one I realized the error of my ways. I masked too close to the badges and had no real area to grab and remove the stuff around the outside. I also didn't have a way to get the Plasti-dip put of the middle of the letters. So to prevent scratching my paint all up I figured I'd just remove the badges. Looks better IMHO.

Also Plasti-dipped all the silver/gray fasteners in the bed.

When using plast-dip I always give about a 1/2"-1" border around the emblems so that it's easy to peel. I do like the debaged look on your cement though.

Just installed the DMM with the exact same setup. That labor day sale was incredible

Yeah I basically got the phone mount for free. I wanted the swivel mount but they didn't have any, but I am really digging the look.

No pics, yet but just orderd a set of Cooper STT Pro 265 75 R 16, install is setbup for Saturday.

Installed my new C4 Fab sliders and removed the TRD stickers and V6 badge. Shes starting to look mean.

Attachments

• 20190917_155017.jpg
    20190917_155017.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190917_154957.jpg
    20190917_154957.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 86
Did the AC drain mod today...I'm doubting it was required. I took some videos. I'll post it once I have some time to edit.

who come you don't think it was required? been thinking about doing this but haven't.

who come you don't think it was required? been thinking about doing this but haven't.

Well, I've had the truck for over two years (3 summers with lots of AC) and I had no rust marks at all. I know some people did have some rust showing up (original poster of the fix had their truck for something like 9 months and one summer and they saw it) but I just wasn't seeing any negative impact. I'm curious if there is another factor on the rigs that are seeing rust.

I did end up posting my video if you're interested: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/i-did-the-ac-drain-mod-i-made-a-video.9235/

Just ran them into the normal seat brackets.its a harness for a matv in the military lol.disconnected the seat belt bell too
Do you have photos of where you mounted them into the seat brackets? I can DM you if thats easier

Eh why not.....lil corbeau race harness action
Aren’t harnesses dangerous to have in dailies? Like im pretty sure it’ll makes a minor fender bender pretty tough on the shoulders spine and back because they pull straight down, especially if where the point in the back isn’t level with the shoulders and being lower then your shoulder height really causing damage. I believe that’s what I heard

Thanks for the worry,i had it just laying around so i figured why not.only cost was my time jus messin around,ill see how it feels after awhile.my stock belt is still in play as well,just have to put the female part of belt back on seat. After the Marine Corps and being in a couple totaled out accidents in a couple years.not sure much more harm can be done lol

Finally got the ditch lights and winch fully wired up. I'm glad I used relays for both, it gives a satisfying "clunk" when I push the buttons.

Back