• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Cut a hole in the fender to add a snorkel
D6B89688-5563-4D41-A194-89D47D47965A.jpeg

Dobinson's???? If so, have they fixed their template to line up properly with the cuts yet?

Dobinson's???? If so, have they fixed their template to line up properly with the cuts yet?

I’m not sure if it’s Dobinsons or not. This one came from soflobumpers. The template was good except for 1 bolt hole location. Luckily I caught it before I drilled anything. Seems like this one was thought out well, I haven’t seen others though. It lines up with left side of fender curve and top of fender at hood.

Started the initial purchasing string of goodies while on deployment. Picked up a high country FSR 55" tri-layer RTT and a Prinsu Rack with 40" lightbar cutout. First of many things to hopefully be waiting for me in my garage when i get home.

Big shoutout to @Truck Brigade for their awesome customer service!

Last edited:
Haven't done anything but did receive a couple of packages from Baja Designs, Pop and Lock, Mountain Hatch and yet another Meso Customs is on the way. Tomorrow is installing the Alpine mic since the stock one doesn't work with the new head unit and fiddling around with the TSS (the garnish appears to me canted back so it's pointing up a bit??? More on what I discover there tomorrow).

Yesterday I attended the local Rigs and Coffee event. Cool meet for sure and I had a blast. Then went over to @Malcom place and installed a bunch of electrical just need to wire up a few more things and it'll be done. So far the Switch Pro, bus bar, fuse panel are wired. The Switch Pro controller is mounted in the cab. Wiring is run to the new outlet in the bed and it's powering the fridge. Still need to wire up two other light setups, but it's coming along nicely. Thanks again @Malcom!!

IMG_20190720_153054.jpg
IMG_20190720_134621.jpg
IMG_20190720_164759.jpg
IMG_20190720_164755.jpg

I post once I get the break in done and really get to try it out. I have a manual though, so my feedback might not be what the majority of people are looking for..

I'm dying because I ordered mine about a month ago and they are backordered, possibly until September. The wait is killing me. I'm so freaking ready to regear.

In the last few weeks I've done a ton to prepare for our trip.

Today we postponed the trip because I replied I needed to address the cab mount rub. While it's still not perfect, it'll do for a road trip. I'll be fixing it fully when we return.

Today the grinder came out. The CMC I had already was not nearly enough and I went to town. I don't even want to post pictures because someone will be adamant it's dangerous and maybe it is, but I think it's fine for a short while while I await my cab mount relocation kit.

I cut a perfectly good bumper and trimmed my perfectly good fenders. I think it came out pretty well actually.

I'll post pics soon in my build thread. I'm going to finish my beer and pass out.

Day 3 of a 2 week trip with our crew. Visited the bridge from Stand By Me today.

Nice, I was just at Lassen a few days ago! If you keep heading north to Kalamath Falls keep an eye out to the east side of the road after you cross into Oregon. I saw a MFP replica car from Mad Max out in a farmer's field.

Finished up my chrome delete project. Finally found some time to plasti-dip the door badges. Also, I serviced my UCAs by greasing the bushings and reapplied some PTFE lube on the uni-balls. Gotta keep the balls lubed up you know! No more squeaky front end. Yay.

My wonderful and supportive wife picked up my new GoFSR High Country Tri-Layer 55" for me from FedEx Freight while i'm deployed. I'm a lucky guy...
@Truck Brigade hookin it up with free shipping, cannot go wrong with their customer service either.

Attachments

• IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 130
My wonderful and supportive wife picked up my new GoFSR High Country Tri-Layer 55" for me from FedEx Freight while i'm deployed. I'm a lucky guy...
@Truck Brigade hookin it up with free shipping, cannot go wrong with their customer service either.

That's legit keeper of a woman right there ?

Amen to that brother, I’m speaking from experience. you have a keeper.

Finally installed my SSO slimline and stage 2 this past weekend. Very happy with the way it turned out. Install was a lot smoother than expected.

45BDE0CD-E901-4C1D-BF74-E05D7F41C047.jpeg
4EC4673E-A4EC-4ED5-BE10-05D61540E21C.jpeg
E7917B20-7212-4D9C-9EF1-FF46A1182AEB.jpeg

That looks so killer ?

I’ve been a busy guy lately, sorry for not keeping up so much with the forum. Little update on the truck though, got my @fifteen52 turbomac HD classics put on and installed my Icon bumpstops I won in the Uber land giveaway at Expo West. These things were a bitch to install for sure!
Also got setup with a new tent and awning from ROAM adventure co. And I gotta say it’s an amazing tent!

99200FFE-A168-4A15-9A97-BD9A4EBEF3D3.jpeg

E31C3A08-4B28-4F00-A374-EC348D7AEC46.jpeg

A8DB6678-165A-4E36-82BD-7763C1E598A0.jpeg

F2DB4C2C-5B54-4465-8A29-A880CEF0FCA1.jpeg

ED7891BC-4859-4979-8354-386A75C5964D.jpeg

I’ve been a busy guy lately, sorry for not keeping up so much with the forum. Little update on the truck though, got my @fifteen52 turbomac HD classics put on and installed my Icon bumpstops I won in the Uber land giveaway at Expo West. These things were a bitch to install for sure!
Also got setup with a new tent and awning from ROAM adventure co. And I gotta say it’s an amazing tent!

99200FFE-A168-4A15-9A97-BD9A4EBEF3D3.jpeg

E31C3A08-4B28-4F00-A374-EC348D7AEC46.jpeg

A8DB6678-165A-4E36-82BD-7763C1E598A0.jpeg

F2DB4C2C-5B54-4465-8A29-A880CEF0FCA1.jpeg

ED7891BC-4859-4979-8354-386A75C5964D.jpeg
Nice man, those wheels are growing on me. The tent looks really good with colors you got going on! I was going through iphone photos recently and forgot that I snagged a photo of your scratched up pro wheels from the OC overland event. Gonna post it on IG next wheel Wednesday!

Nice man, those wheels are growing on me. The tent looks really good with colors you got going on! I was going through iphone photos recently and forgot that I snagged a photo of your scratched up pro wheels from the OC overland event. Gonna post it on IG next wheel Wednesday!
haha theyre for sale if anyone wants them!@

Back