• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Swapped out my turn signals with the blacked out Meso ones

Wife got the mower stuck in the back yard today so I pulled it out and almost got stuck myself. Man my yard is muddy. First offroad with the truck

Attachments

• IMG_20190426_175200.jpg
    IMG_20190426_175200.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20190426_175149.jpg
    IMG_20190426_175149.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 122
Wife got the mower stuck in the back yard today so I pulled it out and almost got stuck myself. Man my yard is muddy. First offroad with the truck
And that, my friend, is how you justify to your wife that you must have a winch! It would be irresponsible NOT to get one!

Hello TACO Owners: Today I installed a set of TYGER Step bars on my new 2019 Taco TRD Sport. I'm extremely delighted with this set of Tyger Step bars. The Tyger bars look "Great"!!! Took about 45 min. to installed but could have been quicker the an extra pair of hands. There were very easy to install. I thought the process would have been a bit harder but to my surprise, very easy to complete. Again, get someone to help you as these bars are dam heavy, and I mean heavy!!. All I had to do was remove 6 plastic screws to expose the pre-threaded holes in the vehicle frame. I started with the middle brace and worked towards the back and then completed the front. NOTE: Don't over tighten the screws until you have all 6 screw on the bar. Adjust the bar and then tighten the screws. By the way, the Tyger bars come with all the necessary screws and washers, all in black. These bars are really well made and appear to be a product that will last a while. The other key point to mention is that these bars extend outward a few inches therefore if some parks to close to you and opens the door, your vehicle will likely be protected as the other vehicle door will likely make contact with your Tyger step bar before hitting your door. This alone is totally worth it to me. I'm sure other step bars will protect just as well too.

The packaging on the Tyger bars was amazing. Very well packaged to protect the bars. I assume that the better packaging cuts down on shipping damage, resulting in returns to seller.

For full transparency, I'm not affiliated with any parts manufacturer, re-seller or any accessories dealer. Just another Taco owner with a high sense of "Pride of Ownership".

I will post pictures soon.

This happened over the past couple of days...suspension yesterday and tires today (285/75r16). Super happy with how things turned out. Might need to dial things in a bit more and haven't really pushed it to check for rubbing yet either.

I think I need to change my profile pic hahaha

falkens.jpg

falkensrear.jpg

ome.jpg

discountside.jpg

profilecropped.jpg

did you get the heavy or medium pack? I got a bro lean happening now. lol

This happened over the past couple of days...suspension yesterday and tires today (285/75r16). Super happy with how things turned out. Might need to dial things in a bit more and haven't really pushed it to check for rubbing yet either.

I think I need to change my profile pic hahaha

falkens.jpg

falkensrear.jpg

ome.jpg

discountside.jpg

profilecropped.jpg

Baja Designs 20” amber combo in bumper

Icon Delta UCA’s going in tomorrow

Baja Designs S2 Sports going on bed rack pending proper brackets

Very impressed with Baja Design quality. Wish I would’ve gotten a Baja bar for the roof as well.

Attachments

• 794D1FF0-F048-4614-BBE2-D8AFB4955D5D.jpeg
    794D1FF0-F048-4614-BBE2-D8AFB4955D5D.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 89
  • 6FFAA24B-FB0A-4F44-936F-0597627DFE33.jpeg
    6FFAA24B-FB0A-4F44-936F-0597627DFE33.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

have fun with that passenger side through bolt! driver one comes out fairly easy but the passenger side it scrapes along the tub the whole way so i used a really long screw driver as a punch to get it out and a cro bar to get the angle going back in, was such a pain in the ass.

They are soooo good though the ride quality off-road is sooo much nicer coming from stock UCA, also no more bump steer!
05F77C28-521B-4C75-B927-9D3E55E0A973.jpeg
33533800-CB96-4B87-87F3-D38D431F22F9.jpeg
34FC7D16-155A-4B1C-9912-0F79265CA68E.jpeg
4752C234-9EFD-4EB3-9BF4-F9DF874A2B57.jpeg

have fun with that passenger side through bolt! driver one comes out fairly easy but the passenger side it scrapes along the tub the whole way so i used a really long screw driver as a punch to get it out and a cro bar to get the angle going back in, was such a pain in the ass.

Same lift and UCA’s ?

I’m pretty excited to get them installed. Pretty unhappy the way my truck drives currently just because of the bump steer.

They are soooo good though the ride quality off-road is sooo much nicer coming from stock UCA, also no more bump steer!
05F77C28-521B-4C75-B927-9D3E55E0A973.jpeg
33533800-CB96-4B87-87F3-D38D431F22F9.jpeg
34FC7D16-155A-4B1C-9912-0F79265CA68E.jpeg
4752C234-9EFD-4EB3-9BF4-F9DF874A2B57.jpeg

Noob question incoming: How do UCA's affect bump steer? Don't they only control up/down movement? I would have thought it was the factory steering setup that is causing this with the combo of larger/heavier wheels and tires. Some of the roads I drive in town are riddle with potholes. I get bad bump steer when going over them. I've been thinking about looking into steering upgrades in the future, but I may be looking in the wrong direction. Which would be good, considering there are a lot more options for UCA's than steering upgrades from what I have seen.

Noob question incoming: How do UCA's affect bump steer? Don't they only control up/down movement? I would have thought it was the factory steering setup that is causing this with the combo of larger/heavier wheels and tires. Some of the roads I drive in town are riddle with potholes. I get bad bump steer when going over them. I've been thinking about looking into steering upgrades in the future, but I may be looking in the wrong direction. Which would be good, considering there are a lot more options for UCA's than steering upgrades from what I have seen.
So I just looked it up, looks like the uca moves with the tie rod and the stock uca was pretty much maxing in travel and icon has TONS. Looks like the tie rod Geometry is just screwed with the lift and uca’s allow to stay not perfect but better at angle. This is kinda a rough take from my google search, all I know is it drives like a dream now but I haven’t done an alignment yet. I was told 3 degrees positive camber 0 toe and 0 camber is the goal.

So I just looked it up, looks like the uca moves with the tie rod and the stock uca was pretty much maxing in travel and icon has TONS. Looks like the tie rod Geometry is just screwed with the lift and uca’s allow to stay not perfect but better at angle. This is kinda a rough take from my google search, all I know is it drives like a dream now but I haven’t done an alignment yet. I was told 3 degrees positive camber 0 toe and 0 camber is the goal.

Ah ok. I'm gonna have to look into this more. I have the SPC light racing UCA's and the bump steer feels similar to stock still. I may have to swap out UCA's again in the future for something more beefy. I am curious to see the difference in them. Thanks!

Back