• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What else do you guys drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bone stock B8 audi a4 quattro. This first car i've ever owned thats doesnt have coilovers or air ride and wheels or engine mods.

DSC_0079.jpg

1998 C2500HD that was my farm truck and daily. But that damn 454 get 10 mpg whether I'm towing a fully loaded trailer uphill fighting a head wind or a tail wind pushing me down hill.

@Tyler what are some of the spec's of your old Chevy?

My Chevy is actually a USMC military truck, a CUCV M1008. The CUCV was based off the K30 or K5 Blazer. They all have a 6.2 diesel engine, military blackout lights, 24v system, unique front bumper, rear pintle hook and front/rear d-rings that come through the bumpers, rifle racks behind the bench seat, and a slave receptacle in the grille (to jump the truck or use power from the batteries). The M1008 has Dana 60's front and rear (locked rear), and I believe it has some other heavier duty components compared to a civilian K30 (leaf springs). The 4" lift and HMMWV tires that my truck have are not part of the military package, however.

So under the rattle can paint job it has, it's both OD green and tan in places. It also has a military data plate and a USMC serial number.

My Chevy is actually a USMC military truck, a CUCV M1008. The CUCV was based off the K30 or K5 Blazer. They all have a 6.2 diesel engine, military blackout lights, 24v system, unique front bumper, rear pintle hook and front/rear d-rings that come through the bumpers, rifle racks behind the bench seat, and a slave receptacle in the grille (to jump the truck or use power from the batteries). The M1008 has Dana 60's front and rear (locked rear), and I believe it has some other heavier duty components compared to a civilian K30 (leaf springs). The 4" lift and HMMWV tires that my truck have are not part of the military package, however.
How do you like the Dana 60? I have the 10.5 corporate full float, and they're supposedly comparable but I don't know. How do you like the 6.2?

6.2 is boring but reliable. Paired with the 3 speed, the truck is pretty unexciting to drive as far as horsepower/low end speed goes. I'd love to do a Cummins swap but my life priorities are not that, lol. The Dana 60 is awesome. The truck doesn't even have enough power to put that thing under any serious pressure. And because of the 37's, I actually have better highway RPM's than the stock tires would. It'll take me a minute to get there, but 80mph is totally cool with this truck.

2015 235i Would love to do some mods but it is staying stock!!!!!!!
car.jpg

sold my husaberg Fe450 yesterday, going to look at some BMW R1200GS's this weekend.
00H0H_cdmANFVk6FO_1200x900.jpg

If you can afford a Bently then you can have both and a nice F250 to tow the toy.

If you can afford a Bently then you can have both and a nice F250 to tow the toy.
I only wish. These were parked in front of a $14M house on Coronado Island. I've been meaning to get a pic of the pink Bentley, but when I saw the Canam too, I had to stop.

My wife’s car is a 2018 Accord that I picked up a few weeks ago.
I honestly put more miles on my other toy, which is a 2017 Trek Edmonda. Most people don’t understand road bikes, especially the prices the good ones command, but I absolutely love them.
06BE9011-900D-4D7C-8517-3C9BBB8C153F.jpeg
7F53ECB4-8C7E-49E3-9D2D-88557635CCE0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back