• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What’s under your hood?

Tacomadad18

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 SR5 DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
Dirty or clean?

Go outside and snap a pic, I wanna see!

I need to clean mine badly but I hate cleaning engine bays. I accidentally hit the distributor on my old Supra and it fought me for days until I figured out what it was. All started because I wanted to make it look pretty. ?. Now TBH I’m scared to death to clean under the hood of my cars unless it’s a dry rag and vacuum. I have however worked in dealerships where their porters spray the whole engine off with soap and power washer and they don’t seem to have issues.

What mods do you have under the hood.

You’ll see my only one, the arb compressor for the rear locker. I am inspired and want to make it look good under there.

So post them up, factory, modded or down right filthy. Let me know how you clean under there safely.

8274EF79-1642-42E4-B7AB-C29B0EC8B259.jpeg

It looks like I need to clean mine. Winter road grime made its way up there. That red power wire looks like shit, gotta tuck that in the loom, it's for the CB

57EB5C29-0591-424F-A36A-A47EDA46F02B.jpeg
4F67E244-7D0A-4A85-9611-B4937F9FFB5B.jpeg
6172A283-F739-4BD5-BDE2-1B9416ADA14E.jpeg

Excellent!

For those who don’t know, what you got going on under there?

I see and recognize a few things. Any vender recommendations for products?

Excellent!

For those who don’t know, what you got going on under there?

I see and recognize a few things. Any vender recommendations for products?

What!? I gotta 'splain it all to you? Lol

HPS intake tube. AFE filter and TRD accelerator not visible.
2 group 35 Odyssey batteries.
Off-grid engineering dual battery set up.
Switchpros 8100 system mounted on a powertrays.
Blue seas power block mounted on the powertrays.
Powertrays items wired to the aux/ 2ndary battery.

This was my Focus ST engine bay before and after I detailed it with “Chemical Guys” Vinyl and Trim polish after wiping down with a wet rag
F5D6ADC9-F6C6-462A-9BB7-68681C7264C9.jpeg
508E6A85-7B60-4F8A-BDBB-48590DFD0515.png
Took off that air intake lid for some of that flutter huh? Samsies ? eventually had full bolt on with Cobb and cpe

Haha, you know it. But then I read a bunch about engine temps and all that jazz when you leave it exposed. Plus driving into my police station parking lot at 0400 for work decided to put the lid back on ?

Haha, you know it. But then I read a bunch about engine temps and all that jazz when you leave it exposed. Plus driving into my police station parking lot at 0400 for work decided to put the lid back on ?
The temps are already horrendous anyway because the stock intercooler is so inefficient, on a warm day charged air temps going through the turbo were at like 150 degrees after my cpe intercooler it would always be at ambient or a bit lower, heat soak like a mudder fucker!

Can‘t wait to see this 1UZ taco in action! your 1st gen with the 3rz sounds sick btw! Is it turbocharged as well? Also, are you planning to do dual cases on your 3rd gen since you can’t use the taco box?

Back