• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Warped fender liners

Berserker__taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2019 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I've been hearing a tire rub the past couple weeks. Every time I would turn left I'd hear the rub. Especially turning left uphill when the suspension loads the passenger rear leaf pack. I went and checked it out and the damn plastic liner his curling like a dried up leaf. Theres less than a half inch of clearance from the tire when its parked level. Driver side is normal. Going to heat it up and reform it today.
20220228_132815.jpg

Is this just a pretty flimsy piece in general? I noticed mine was very loose when I installed 5160 so I just tucked it behind the reservoir clip. So far it has stayed in place.

1646076036163.png

Upvote 0
Is this just a pretty flimsy piece in general? I noticed mine was very loose when I installed 5160 so I just tucked it behind the reservoir clip. So far it has stayed in place.

1646076036163.png
It is really flimsy. It was fine when I got the truck new but over time its warped and lost its shape rather poorly. I hit it with the heat gun and could watch it try to take it's original form but would go back to crap once the heat was taken away. Had to get it super hot so it would hold after i worked it around.
20220228_143558.jpg

Upvote 0
That's the plan if it keeps acting up
My rear inner fenders are 90% held on by zip ties, never had an issue. And through out the truck I would say I have between 300-400 zip ties. Zip ties are my best friend.

Upvote 0
Mine have been rubbed by the tires. They are getting pushed out, so I take a heat gun to it. Made some changes to the suspension. Was looking at aftermarket liners, but they seemed expensive.

Just have to find a way of tucking the liner in and holding in place. I removed some of the clips on the fender, so it's just hanging there.

Here's another method to try if you wanted to go further.

I purchase a large roll of hard plastic. I forget what material it was, but I can take a look and let you know. I was gonna just make my own set and mount it in there with clips. Just been lazy.

Just go with heat gun, mold it, press it further in and hold it there,. While it's hot, just spray it with cold water to set. Should be enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back