• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tyler's #VanLife on 37s Four Wheel Camper Build & Tacoma3G.com Shenanigans

Actually, great point. I overlooked that fact. I’ll be doing the Firestone airbags very soon.
Friend going to VA with us just installed his, second question what’s your plan for sleeping?

New avatar to match the forum a bit and reflect the current status of the truck.

E4D9BDA7-3686-4C2D-9AFE-7C654AA88A27.jpeg

Bittersweet day today. After countless memories in our RTT, all across the country, it now has a new owner. I can’t even believe I’m moving out of a RTT and into a massive camper shell. It doesn’t feel real yet.

Congrats on selling it. It was a bummer to see mine go as well. Your new camper is going to be sick. It'll just take some time to get it dialed in.

Congrats on selling it. It was a bummer to see mine go as well. Your new camper is going to be sick. It'll just take some time to get it dialed in.
I honestly didn’t think it would sell that fast in my area.

I'm just glad you moved it finally so that way you can move forward with the rest of the project.

Personally (bad neck/age related), I wouldn't do it without using a lift.
If I was a bit younger, no problem at all. For you...easy as pie!
Easier if you drop the spare out of the way but not necessary.

Personally (bad neck/age related), I wouldn't do it without using a lift.
If I was a bit younger, no problem at all. For you...easy as pie!
Easier if you drop the spare out of the way but not necessary.
My spare isn’t under the truck anymore so I’m good there. I’m used to doing everything without a lift; that’s how we did it in the Marine Corps. I have a bad back and hate crawling around under trucks but I get it done when I need to. Thank you.

Ever though about swapping out the leafs?
We offer leaf packs that can hold up to 1210lb while maintaining a 2" ride height

Ever though about swapping out the leafs?
We offer leaf packs that can hold up to 1210lb while maintaining a 2" ride height

??

Tyler and I have been talking rear suspension options for both our trucks lately as they're both getting heavy. The HD springs we both have alone are just not enough, and I've been thinking about your suspension options. Maybe even replacing my BP-51 kit prior to Expo.

Any issues with W'ing the springs? Do they maintain they shape under load? I'm already bottoming out on these Dakars.

Do your guys springs accommodate for the taco lean? Are they left and right specific?

Do you happen to know the weight rating on the Dakar heavy duty pack?

HD pack is rated at 660 constant. I currently have a plus 1 above that which is supposedly good for a bit more, but honestly they are still W'ed. I feel like they are done.

HD pack is rated at 660 constant. I currently have a plus 1 above that which is supposedly good for a bit more, but honestly they are still W'ed. I feel like they are done.
So @DobinsonsUSA are a HUGE upgrade from the Dakar kit, huh? I do have my air bags now that I will install soon and see how that helps, but yes, you and I might need to retire our Dakars for something stronger.

So @DobinsonsUSA are a HUGE upgrade from the Dakar kit, huh? I do have my air bags now that I will install soon and see how that helps, but yes, you and I might need to retire our Dakars for something stronger.

Definitely a huge upgrade.

Yes. Upgrade from Dakar’s. I have Dakar Heavy. Aka the squeak kings

Yes. Upgrade from Dakar’s. I have Dakar Heavy. Aka the squeak kings
They served me well but the squeak has made me consider driving the truck off a cliff a few times. Like Andy, I think mine might be shot at this point with the W going on and such.

??

Tyler and I have been talking rear suspension options for both our trucks lately as they're both getting heavy. The HD springs we both have alone are just not enough, and I've been thinking about your suspension options. Maybe even replacing my BP-51 kit prior to Expo.

Any issues with W'ing the springs? Do they maintain they shape under load? I'm already bottoming out on these Dakars.

Do your guys springs accommodate for the taco lean? Are they left and right specific?
Send me a message and ill get you guys set up with real leafs

I don’t know how many times I’ve confidently told @Paige that I won’t be adding anything to the truck for the foreseeable future, only to have a new mod planned right after I say it.

In addition to the airbags that just came in, I have a few other big things coming:

-A @Victory4x4 roof rack. I wanted to be sure to install a rack before I get the camper because once the camper is on, I can’t. The plan is to have one Pelican case mounted to hold dirty equipment like recovery gear, wet suits for surfing, etc.

-Remmen Brakes upgraded brake kit. With how low my original brakes are and all this extra weight on the truck, this is much needed.

-The @DobinsonsUSA super heavy duty leaf packs (800-1000 lbs constant load). Again with the weight, these will help tremendously. I also hope they squeak less than the Dakars, lol.

It NEVER ends!

Back