• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tyler's #VanLife on 37s Four Wheel Camper Build & Tacoma3G.com Shenanigans

Thats one good looking taco!

Sometimes when @Paige and I are both out in separate vehicles, I have us switch trucks so I can see what mine looks like driving from an outside perspective. That’s a normal thing to do, right?

View attachment 17078

lol yes. I do the same thing every now and then.

I never get to “see” what the truck looks like while driving, it’s a whole new perspective ?
It really does somehow look different than when it’s parked. It almost looks bigger/more badass while it’s moving.

Truck looks goooood man ?.

I was wondering, what's the plan with Paige's Jeep when you guys hit the road???

New wheels and a dialed alignment, finally!

04A707E6-8A82-427D-8F12-FA1B5814F5BF.jpeg
009CC07C-910C-4E46-A195-DEE088E008BD.jpeg
355BC209-6BB9-4BF2-8C52-D3BC4426CDF7.jpeg
66D8EE84-C8EC-4E2C-B34F-395003AED84B.jpeg
AE8D1A2C-326D-490B-A00E-118483157FDE.jpeg
DCB04F2E-EEE6-445E-9727-7ABBF0EBFC64.jpeg
3280D9E6-8F55-4000-B66A-28F273F989A6.jpeg
FBDB1AD5-C42D-4BE0-AE36-02A7BD9E00F8.jpeg

Wheels look sick on your truck. They go so well with the quicksand however I'm not a fan of the all black ones I've seen.

Agreed. I think the tan breaks it up nicely.
I think it’s cool that us quicksand guys have these wheels as an option, whereas the other truck colors don’t have one for some reason (you’d think they’d do all colors, but they didn’t).

I think it’s cool that us quicksand guys have these wheels as an option, whereas the other truck colors don’t have one for some reason (you’d think they’d do all colors, but they didn’t).
Wanted a quicksand or cement Tacoma but the only quicksand I could find in FL were SR5s. And I was on my way to the dealer to buy a cement when they called and said it sold so I ended up with MGM. Love the MGM but next time I'll wait for my first color choice lol

Wanted a quicksand or cement Tacoma but the only quicksand I could find in FL were SR5s. And I was on my way to the dealer to buy a cement when they called and said it sold so I ended up with MGM. Love the MGM but next time I'll wait for my first color choice lol
I almost did the same thing with MGM when I knew how badly I wanted QS. But I knew I would forever regret it if I “settled” on the wrong color. I got lucky and they happened to realize they had the QS long bed I wanted hiding in the back corner of their lot. It didn’t have a sunroof, which I really wanted too, but now I think I’m glad I don’t have one.

There was no settling for me. It was exactly what I wanted or nothing. I had the exact spec picked out and I was shopping and scouting all over the west coast for it. Luckily one shipped in about a month into the search and it was only about 45 minutes away. I got there and they said "Um, I don't think we have that on the lot." I told them "yes, you do. It delivered this morning." Sure enough it was there and hasn't even been checked yet by the techs.

There was no settling for me. It was exactly what I wanted or nothing. I had the exact spec picked out and I was shopping and scouting all over the west coast for it. Luckily one shipped in about a month into the search and it was only about 45 minutes away. I got there and they said "Um, I don't think we have that on the lot." I told them "yes, you do. It delivered this morning." Sure enough it was there and hasn't even been checked yet by the techs.
That’s awesome! Nothing like a super fresh truck that probably had less than 5 miles on it.

That’s awesome! Nothing like a super fresh truck that probably had less than 5 miles on it.

It had less than 5 miles on it. Pretty sure they never did the pre purchase inspection. I can't remember what it had because I was freaking out thinking "shit, this is really happening."

Back