• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyota News Toyota introduces Tacoma TRD lift kit.

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Blazing Blue Pearl
Autoblog: Toyota introduces Tacoma TRD lift kit.

Not sure what I think of this...

Any thoughts or comments regarding this kit.What’s up with the fog light delete?

Sounds nice, especially since it comes with a warranty. Doesn't sound much different than the trd pro suspension on the other trucks (which provides about an inch all the way around).

I'll go third party when I do install a lift kit, thanks. Besides it wont fit with a DCLB. What's with deleting the fog lights??

A non starter.

That makes that decision, easy.....

I would assume removing the fogs is because it would put them higher than whatever the legal requirement is for them to always be on.

Does the TSS need to be refocused?

How are the suspensions different for different models? I thought all the models had the same springs and shocks.

-M

Has to do with the angles of the radar sensor and the cameras that sense the lines on the side of the road. Algorithms become dysfunctional (not stopping or inappropriate stopping for the pre-collisions system) if those vectors are messed up.

Regarding the suspensions: quite a bit of difference between the models and their suspension set ups. I don't remember what sr5's come with, or the limited's (same on those two?). The trd off road comes with bilsteins and a slight lift compared with the sr5/limited. The trd pro comes with fox shocks and a 1 inch lift.

So what’s the difference between a DCLB vs a DCSB? Why would it fit the on SB on not the LB? Maybe they don’t want to install their kit on something with a little more weight?

Has to do with the angles of the radar sensor and the cameras that sense the lines on the side of the road. Algorithms become dysfunctional (not stopping or inappropriate stopping for the pre-collisions system) if those vectors are messed up.

Regarding the suspensions: quite a bit of difference between the models and their suspension set ups. I don't remember what sr5's come with, or the limited's (same on those two?). The trd off road comes with bilsteins and a slight lift compared with the sr5/limited. The trd pro comes with fox shocks and a 1 inch lift.
Speaking for sr5 shocks 😆,my set are Hitachis. And they come with a lift if you pump up the tires alot haha

Back