• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Toyo Open Country A/T II

TCOTUE

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Been researching tires quite feverishly. I think I've decided to go skinny for mileage reasons. Also I don't off-road all the time, maybe once a month (really just fire roads). Big O Tires has these LT255-80R17 for right at $200 a tire. Eventually I plan on going Bilstein 5100's, but that is in the future. Anyone ran these tires? I see the A/T III is more common. Would love to keep the price down as much as I can.

On another note, I've narrow it down to these wheels in Matte Bronze.
Pro_Style_2020_F159.jpg

Nice Wheels. Will look good with your Blue truck. Haven't run those Tires. I buy all my tires from America's Tire. They always Price Match and their extra warranty is great. Maybe Big O does price matching ? Shop around.

Toyo makes some great tires. I am running the open country mt and love them.

Who makes those wheels?

Found them on the other Tacoma forum. It’s either the matte bronze or the gunmetal if they turkey are greyish

Thanks for everyone’s input!

I have the ATIII and love them. Phenomenal tire. Every person I e ran into that had ATII tires and noticed I had the ATIII made a point to tell me how much they love their ATII's. So I've heard nothing but good about both tires.

IMG_20200802_100949_051.jpg

Last edited:
I have the ATIII and love them. Phenomenal tire. Every person I e ran into that had ATII tires and noticed I had the ATIII made a point to tell me how much they love their ATII's. So I've heard nothing but good about both tires.

IMG_20200802_100949_051.jpg
Same here......great tire!

Back