• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tire Size Fitment and Lift

PXL_20210610_192733121.jpg
PXL_20210608_235828419.jpg

Wheels: 315/75-16 on 16x8 -25 offset (3.5 backspacing)

Lift: King Ext 700 lb (about 1" of threads for preload), Baja Kits boxed UCA, Icon AAL w/stock OL. Got Deaver U402 Stage 2 going in soon and probably gonna back down the preload once I install a bumper.

CMC, max caster on LCA and some trimming on lower fenders required. Recommended hammering pinch weld outboard for a cleaner look and more clearance.
How's it been running 315s, been thinking about making the jump to them in the next couple months

So I've already got the OME 2" (bp51) heavy duty lift on hand, sitting on the floor in my bedroom, and I'm about to pull the trigger on the tires/wheels. I'd originally decided on the 275/70-17 to go with AR's baja wheels (0mm offset), but was now considering 285/70-17 to put on. From what I've read the 275s will fit fine with no rubbing, no cmc or other alterations needed. But will the 285s? I don't want to drop a load of money just to have issues that I need to then address. Any input?

Hey folks, just bought 23’ SR, 4wd, V6 last week. Went back and forth and back again trying to decide lift, wheels, and tire size. I opted to take baby steps out of concern of power loss in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

Wheels: Icon Alloys Alpha, 17 x 8.5, 0 offset (gives the stance I want now and will work later if I decide to lift and go bigger)

Tires: Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, 265/70/17. Haven’t driven much but totally shocked that they are as silent as the stock Toyo Which was basically a street tire. Awesome looks, bigger than I expected which made me smile….lol

No rub but it was close enough to the apron that I was concerned that when flexed or pulling into one of our big dip parking lot entrances that would hit. I was back and forth on this anyway but with the bigger and wider tires the apron hid the “mean look” which every Tacoma needs to take advantage of.

No noticeable power loss whatsoever. I see adjustable coilovers in the future but right now I’m just going to enjoy it:)

6F1021EC-EB9F-48DF-93FA-7BC3825A3BFC.jpeg

Hey folks, just bought 23’ SR, 4wd, V6 last week. Went back and forth and back again trying to decide lift, wheels, and tire size. I opted to take baby steps out of concern of power loss in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

Wheels: Icon Alloys Alpha, 17 x 8.5, 0 offset (gives the stance I want now and will work later if I decide to lift and go bigger)

Tires: Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, 265/70/17. Haven’t driven much but totally shocked that they are as silent as the stock Toyo Which was basically a street tire. Awesome looks, bigger than I expected which made me smile….lol

No rub but it was close enough to the apron that I was concerned that when flexed or pulling into one of our big dip parking lot entrances that would hit. I was back and forth on this anyway but with the bigger and wider tires the apron hid the “mean look” which every Tacoma needs to take advantage of.

No noticeable power loss whatsoever. I see adjustable coilovers in the future but right now I’m just going to enjoy it:)

6F1021EC-EB9F-48DF-93FA-7BC3825A3BFC.jpeg
How did the A/T3W's balance out? Need many weights on them / Did all tires balance the same?
Reason I ask is tire guys say the side lugs (which look good) carry outside weight that is not always equal to each lug and balancing can be good on some and more weights on other tires. He said nature of the beast with the ATW's.
Toyo AT3 and those ATW's are very competitive in the TA world. Toyo does not have the "Big Lugs" on the outside and will balance easier (the man said).

Truck looks good! I have a Super White Sport 4x4 and will be putting on the shoes as well very soon.
I have been back and forth on the 265/70/17 or 265/65/17 decision as well.
Think I will go with the 265/65's as they will work in any position in the wheel well.

What pressure did you end up with on the tires?
(y)

2.5" Locked Offroad Lift, 37x13x5R17 on 17x9x5-38 wheels. No trimming necessary...... only complete cut work.....
beef.jpeg
tucking.jpeg

2.5" Locked Offroad Lift, 37x13x5R17 on 17x9x5-38 wheels. No trimming necessary...... only complete cut work.....
beef.jpeg
tucking.jpeg
Currently working fitting the same setup, this looks great! Love the combo you got going on here

20210404_191429.jpg

2" front 1" rear 285 and 16x8 with 0 offset. No cmc no triming and no rub! I did have to remove front mud flaps so I'm going to try rokbloks.

I originally put the 285 on the stock 16x7 +25 offset and they did not clear driverside uca. I think with a 1.5 spacer I would have needed a cmc.

Hey @SpaceTrim that's a beautiful look and I'd love to get something close. Can you give me the full specs on your tire? Is it 285/70/16?Thanks!

Back