• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tire carrying rear bumpers, or Hitch receiver's . A discussion to rate which is best

Oc Taco Charlie Beach Bum

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 Sport DCLB Auto
Midnight Black
Greetings 3 g Nation

Looking into the market for a new bumper, and tire carrier. I have looked at most of all the big names. I would like to hear taco family inputs, on why they like, or don't like their current bumper set up. I am not a Rock crawler, and don't really expect to be anytime soon, and I would like to keep the "look" or rear end with out doing a lot of cutting. Of course budget is always on everyone's mind, I am between 1 g to 2 g, and don't want to go over that. So far I like the Fab four one, and I also really like the Rigd.
So, floors open what do you all like and its qualities?.

Thank you

There are a lot of option out there.
I know SOS Concepts makes a direct fit bumper, no cutting needed with swing out to carry your tire and some accessories. All you’d have to do is drop your rear bumper and install the new one. With what you’re looking for, powder coated with the new modular swing out it’s 1435.50 plus shipping. Just an option.

Im sure other companies offer this same style of bumper as well. My buddy has an RCI one he really likes, but no tire carrier.

C0A12BC9-668A-4CC5-A08E-52F4FAA14BF6.png
4157B8BC-92FC-482B-AC9C-45382A3A53FE.jpeg

I should probably be doing the right thing and get a high clearance rear bumper but don’t want to lose my BSM system. So I just ordered a Wilco GateHitch 2.0 Vertical tire holder. I haven’t got it yet but I will let you know if you are interested in it. I have never used the HitchGate but it seems like it would decrease your departure angle. Maybe someone else has more information.

I should probably be doing the right thing and get a high clearance rear bumper but don’t want to lose my BSM system. So I just ordered a Wilco GateHitch 2.0 Vertical tire holder. I haven’t got it yet but I will let you know if you are interested in it. I have never used the HitchGate but it seems like it would decrease your departure angle. Maybe someone else has more information.
Well let me know when the time comes. Ihave briefly looked at them as well

I love those Wilco hitch mount tire carriers, but man are they proud of their product. You can a bumper for less than 1 of their hitch swings.

It does effect departure angle but if you’re not doing trails that require a high departure angle then your good. Lots of people run them so it much work well?

I love those Wilco hitch mount tire carriers, but man are they proud of their product. You can a bumper for less than 1 of their hitch swings.

It does effect departure angle but if you’re not doing trails that require a high departure angle then your good. Lots of people run them so it much work well?
yes, some of the hitch swings are more expensive then a lot of bumpers

Back