• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Thoughts on Locked Off Road Coilovers?

airtaco31

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hey ya'll making the move to upgrade my suspension for better performance and fit 285 tires. Through my research, I have decided to go through with Locked Off Road Shocks. Is anyone else running these? Or thoughts?

Hey ya'll making the move to upgrade my suspension for better performance and fit 285 tires. Through my research, I have decided to go through with Locked Off Road Shocks. Is anyone else running these? Or thoughts?
Locked shock is that like a mountian bike lock-out? Lock to stiffen the shock up

It's a company that's based in SoCal. I attached a link for what I was talking about.

Oh haha sorry for the confusion derr blonde moment , I dont think I've heard anyone here using them they sure look good and 22 point adjustment for compression sounds nice

Oh haha sorry for the confusion derr blonde moment , I dont think I've heard anyone here using them they sure look good and 22 point adjustment for compression sounds nice

Nah you're fine, they are relatively new to making coilovers. I just love the price point and what they offer with it. I am just hoping someone has experience with them just to confirm what I've seen/researched so far.

Nah you're fine, they are relatively new to making coilovers. I just love the price point and what they offer with it. I am just hoping someone has experience with them just to confirm what I've seen/researched so far.
Well give them a shot take the step be the first , give us the reveiw:D for future reference do it do it do it

Well give them a shot take the step be the first , give us the reveiw:D for future reference do it do it do it

I think, i’mma do it when I get home in 3 months. I’m excited about them and for sure after a few roading trips I will definetely tell.

their instagram looks impressive.

That’s what established my interest immediately and I’ve talked with them and they are really helpful and replied quick to my questions. I also love your youtube channel :D

Thanks for watching ?

That’s what established my interest immediately and I’ve talked with them and they are really helpful and replied quick to my questions. I also love your youtube channel :D

Did you make the purchase? I run Elka 2.0's and will most likely do these or Kings/Fox with DSC. I love the way these look tho--

I have Elkas myself and love them, but I have seen the Locked stuff up close and have a friend who runs their shocks for his long travel. They are very well made and have solid customer service. The pricing reflects their tenure in the market, but is definitely not reflective of their quality.

Thanks for sharing these! I was really leaning toward a full FOX 2.5 setup until this thread came along. I've reached out to them to ask some questions about the product and maybe I'll try them!

Did you make the purchase? I run Elka 2.0's and will most likely do these or Kings/Fox with DSC. I love the way these look tho--
At the time they didn’t have the OEM kits available and I was in no position to long travel. I ended up going with the bling and getting king, but if they had their OEM kit I would be running locked. If not locked look into dobinsons, $2400 for high/low/rebound control.

At the time they didn’t have the OEM kits available and I was in no position to long travel. I ended up going with the bling and getting king, but if they had their OEM kit I would be running locked. If not locked look into dobinsons, $2400 for high/low/rebound control.
I'm gonna snag some after taxes!

$900 for those coilovers, my bet is they're going to leak.

GL

Every shock leaks eventually. My kings were trashed at 15k, just depends on your use and how you take care of them. Also just cause every shock isn’t as much as a bling name, doesn’t mean that they are lower quality.

Dobinson’s makes a good shock that isn’t as much as King/Fox setup and they perform.

Every shock leaks eventually. My kings were trashed at 15k, just depends on your use and how you take care of them. Also just cause every shock isn’t as much as a bling name, doesn’t mean that they are lower quality.

Dobinson’s makes a good shock that isn’t as much as King/Fox setup and they perform.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back