• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

thetopalovic's Cavalry Blue 2019 TRD O/R Tacoma Build

thetopalovic

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Manual
Cavalry Blue
Edit 01.jpg

Hello All - First Post! I'm super stoked to be part of Tacoma3g! I picked my truck up In December 2019, after looking at the Ranger & 4Runner, this 2019 Tacoma was a much better fit for me. As I was looking for a rig that I could build for off-roading, Overlanding and something which could also be a daily, this truck was the perfect choice for me. Since picking it up I have done some basic mods and will be ramping up the building in the coming weeks/months. As I'm doing the work in my garage, and with the stay at home orders due to the COVID-19 Breakout, I have also started a youtube series to document the build!

The Truck: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road DCSB 4x4 w/Tech Package.

Current Build List

Suspension
Wheels & Tires
Exterior Accessories
Interior Accessories

Removed Parts:
  • Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/75R16​

Connect With Me
YouTube Channel
Instagram (Truck)

Going back in Time....

First week of ownership, got the front windows tinted to match the rears and also had clearbra applied to the front bumper and half way up to the hood. My weekly commute is 500+ Miles of Highway driving so I didn't want the front end getting destroyed by Rock Chips.

IMG_1794.jpg

Then went and got some stock photos:

_DSC1880media.jpg

_DSC1861.jpg

12/11
Time for first mods. While I was still looking at trucks, I knew that my first mod would be a TRD Pro Grille on my Tacoma. While I was still finishing up my paperwork I talked to the parts department at the dealership to be quoted $500+ For the Grille, Plus additional for the sensor cover. I decided to hop on google and take a chance with a replica, which ended up being under $200 with the Sensor Garnish, super pumped on the way it turned out.

Also ended up installing some Tailgate inserts, quick and simple.

_DSC186ng.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

12/12

Next up added the Amber LED lights to the Grille. Still not sure how I feel about them, might be pulling them out.
_DSC2054.jpg

_DSC2055.jpg

While researching and debating what I wanted to do for suspension and tire size, also taking into consideration that I had a long commute I ended up deciding on just doing a leveling kit for the short term. instead of doing a block kick I got some Bilstein 5100's, and for wheels and tires got the Bronze Method 701's along with some Falken Wildpeak AT3w's (265/75r16)

DSC_0762.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0899.jpg

About an 1" taller vs stock

DSC_0911.jpg

Love the color! ;) Looks good so far, I love my 5100s. What plans do you have next?

Back