• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

The New Nissan Frontier

RickinFL

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
Midnight Black
I’ve been seeing Nissan’s new Frontier in commercials lately. Good looking truck …and it’s about time Nissan updated their Frontier. Also, is it just me, or does it look Tacoma-ish? I don’t know anything about Nissan trucks, but I’ve never heard anything negative. Also, I don’t think they have the cult following of Toyota, or anywhere near the variety of after market upgrades. Any thoughts?

I haven't seen 'em yet......will have to take a look!

Watched a video review......not much ground clearance. Rear shocks placed mid-point on the rear axle unlike our Tacos. Interior looks pretty good on the PRO. Gas mileage about 20mpg avg. Not sure what to think of it......

If I was buying today, I would look at one.
The engine & transmission are a year old and I like the looks inside & out.
I wonder how it drives, is the transmission always hunting for a gear on hill like the Tacoma or is their 9 speed smoother for that.

Last edited:
I gotta be honest, the PRO4x looks good. But like others have stated, it's more like copypasta to me.

A few testers ( you tube) mentions the steering feels heavy, center console is very deep..adding more stuffs..
The frontiers with rear lockers…you can drive up to 25 mph..vs Tacoma less then 5 mph…
Looks very nice…I am sure Nissan will sell more Frontiers then before…you get hood stuts
Aftermarket parts are limited…but that will changes as more people buy them..a few things that the Tacoma’s are taking away from there trucks, like driver side grab bars, Nissan is giving more ….like Leds lights on all there models…?
All the other brands are offering more for the $$$…. But hard to beat the Toyota reputation….and reliability…!
Aloha

Sorry guys but the Frontier is not in the same league with Tacoma. Nissan used to make good vehicles but they haven't for some decades now. It's a company that's been struggling unfortunately due to poor management. The CEO Carl Ghosn was in jail, then escaped in a shipping box or something from Japan, now hiding in Lebanon. The company is now under Renault and let's be honest...French cars...the resale value of any Nissan is not even close to a Toyota or a Honda. Maybe a Mitsubishi, oh wait Mitsubishi is also unde the Renault umbrella...not good.

Sorry guys but the Frontier is not in the same league with Tacoma. Nissan used to make good vehicles but they haven't for some decades now. It's a company that's been struggling unfortunately due to poor management. The CEO Carl Ghosn was in jail, then escaped in a shipping box or something from Japan, now hiding in Lebanon. The company is now under Renault and let's be honest...French cars...the resale value of any Nissan is not even close to a Toyota or a Honda. Maybe a Mitsubishi, oh wait Mitsubishi is also unde the Renault umbrella...not good.
Oh wow. I never knew Nissan was owned by Renault.

Back