• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Tacoma3G's 3rd anniversary!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best forum for 3rd gen Tacoma’s. I love everyone’s attitudes on here. The positivity is rad. Also, there’s a ton of knowledge that’s easily accessible on the forum. Thanks to everyone’s contributions! Thank you @Tyler for taking the leap and building this little home/resource for us 3rd gen owners. It’s truly helped me with my build and I know many others who it has helped as well.

Although I have only posted once and recently joined, I have sat on the sidelines for a few years. I can generally find inspiration for my truck, trip ideas, and good fun in the comments. Unlike a lot of forums, this actually tries to live up to the idea of community.

This is a good place with supportive people who are decent to each other and all love our trucks. What else is there to say?

Nicky almost redeemed himself from all his shit talk with that little bit of poetry, though not being a sonnet is a serious disappointment.

Thanks Tyler, and everyone else for the lack of one-up-manship, and for the abundance of advice, reviews, trip details, and general good times.

Tacoma3g has allowed me to get motivated and build the rig to be better based on some of the cool trucks in here. I keep looking forward to update and seeing the updates of other adventure rigs! 🙂

Tacoma3g has allowed me to get motivated and build the rig to be better based on some of the cool trucks in here. I keep looking forward to update and seeing the updates of other adventure rigs! 🙂

May 1st was T3G's 3rd year of being online. Kind of like last year, I'm a bit late to make a post about it, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Here's a snippet from what I said last year that is just as relevant today:

I've said it many times, but starting a forum after 2009 tends to be a difficult thing to succeed at.

What I'm getting at is how thankful I am for all of you that choose to use the website. Nothing I could do—regardless of how well I do it—would matter, if we didn't have dedicated members that are actively contributing to discussions on our forum. You guys posting and engaging with each other is what really counts. I also appreciate everyone who makes a donation because that money allows me to pay for the server and more importantly, pay it back to you with things like RotM and this anniversary giveaway. If you ever notice our members online list, there are usually more blue usernames than black ones, which is awesome.

The other thing I need to mention is the fact that you guys keep on chugging even when I'm slacking. I wish I posted more. I wish I implemented my new ideas faster. I wish I did more to make your overall experience at T3G better. While I do push out new features occasionally, there is so much more I want to do, but sometimes I do lose motivation for no reason. And you guys never seem to be disappointed in me when I am less active. Thank you for that. If you never stop using the forum, I will never stop maintaining it. And I sure as fuck won't sell it to some bullshit forum-buying corporation like Internet Brands, lol. I'm not in the hobby to be a sellout.

On that note, I want to give back to our community right now. I'm thinking we'll do two members and a vendor. He doesn't know it as of this post, but I'm going to self-sponsor this giveaway to @ARCHIVE's catalog because drops he a lot of knowledge regarding suspension for us.

I'm going to try something we haven't done for a giveaway yet. To enter, simply reply to this thread with what makes you choose to use Tacoma3G.com. It can be as long or short as you want. Then I'll choose my two favorite replies and I'll send you each $50 to ArchiveGarage.com. I'll pick the winners on Sunday.

Season 3 Birthday GIF by Parks and Recreation
May 1st was T3G's 3rd year of being online. Kind of like last year, I'm a bit late to make a post about it, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Here's a snippet from what I said last year that is just as relevant today:

I've said it many times, but starting a forum after 2009 tends to be a difficult thing to succeed at.

What I'm getting at is how thankful I am for all of you that choose to use the website. Nothing I could do—regardless of how well I do it—would matter, if we didn't have dedicated members that are actively contributing to discussions on our forum. You guys posting and engaging with each other is what really counts. I also appreciate everyone who makes a donation because that money allows me to pay for the server and more importantly, pay it back to you with things like RotM and this anniversary giveaway. If you ever notice our members online list, there are usually more blue usernames than black ones, which is awesome.

The other thing I need to mention is the fact that you guys keep on chugging even when I'm slacking. I wish I posted more. I wish I implemented my new ideas faster. I wish I did more to make your overall experience at T3G better. While I do push out new features occasionally, there is so much more I want to do, but sometimes I do lose motivation for no reason. And you guys never seem to be disappointed in me when I am less active. Thank you for that. If you never stop using the forum, I will never stop maintaining it. And I sure as fuck won't sell it to some bullshit forum-buying corporation like Internet Brands, lol. I'm not in the hobby to be a sellout.

On that note, I want to give back to our community right now. I'm thinking we'll do two members and a vendor. He doesn't know it as of this post, but I'm going to self-sponsor this giveaway to @ARCHIVE's catalog because drops he a lot of knowledge regarding suspension for us.

I'm going to try something we haven't done for a giveaway yet. To enter, simply reply to this thread with what makes you choose to use Tacoma3G.com. It can be as long or short as you want. Then I'll choose my two favorite replies and I'll send you each $50 to ArchiveGarage.com. I'll pick the winners on Sunday.

Newbie here... New Tacoma owner and new to the Tacoma3G family. Digging this website and members input and love of their Tacos. Don't have much to add other than great forum and family. Keep up the awesome work brotha!!

The info provided by members is helpful and not flaming you if you are a newb or just uninformed. Plus, big plus, the guy who started it is really cool.:cool:

It was very difficult to pick the winners. There were more responses than I thought there would be and most of them deserve to win. Seriously, thanks (all of you) for the kind words. When I created this site I hoped it would become a tight-knit group of mature like-minded people that aren't into the BS that you see on other forums. And that's exactly what it became, so thank you!

But I can only pick 2 winners for this, right? Ehhh, how about 3 since this is the 3 year anniversary? 🥳

I really dig the fact that this forum has a much more sincere and helpful base of users. Threads are not constantly hijacked and go off the rails which makes finding info so much easier and getting an answer is just as easy. The comradry and support is genuine. We're not overloaded with influencers throwing click bait at us. And we just let Nicky take care of the shit talk 🤣
You had me at "The comradry and support is genuine. We're not overloaded with influencers throwing click bait at us." This is what I'm all about.

I use this forum because of the ability to ask any question and get a sincere non condescending response! It’s really helpful for someone like me who has OCD and may know the answer but not 100% sure and love seeing better ways to do something that I never thought of! It’s also led to me spending a lot more money than expected haha! Also, The rig of the month contest is fun and @Tyler has gone out if his way to help me out multiple times! Great Group of people here!
You had me at "may know the answer but not 100% sure and love seeing better ways to do something that I never thought of". On other forums, people freak out when the same question gets asked multiple times. Then what is the point of a discussion forum? You should be able to ask any question you want so you can receive up-to-date information and possibly new input that you would not have found if you searched.

This forum has very useful information and way less BS. Its nice to see that the founder of the forum regularly participates in discussions along with all the work that goes into maintaining a forum like this. I like the community here in general due to the fact that the conversations here are much more productive and in general have way less bickering or smart ass remarks. I genuinely wouldnt mind meeting up with anyone that I have had any sort of interaction with on this forum.
"I genuinely wouldnt mind meeting up with anyone that I have had any sort of interaction with on this forum." -- I agree. And this is something we've done a few times when I still lived in Cali. It was always a relaxed experience. I want to do more of this but I pretty much need to be more midwest/west coast for that. East coast isn't really poppin' with Tacoma people. Hopefully this is something that can start back up in a few months when I head west.

Congrats @Berserker__taco / @Hunter399 / @XxMagpulxX! I'll get with @ARCHIVE and send you each private messages soon. As for everyone else, I would've picked all of your comments but then @ARCHIVE would run out of supply. 😵

I came here to tacoma3g cause anytime you were to help someone on tw there was some big douche bag that would say dumb crap and then tell a guy he is doing it all wrong . I get it there is a ton of new tacoma owners that dont know a thing, and thats why guys like us that have owned multiple toyotas for many years are on sites like this one to help and not to trash a guy or gals dream. We are all here to get some kind of help or guidance on whatever project we are doing with our tacomas. With all that being said i hope to see our community grow strong and continue to respect eachother like we do and not shoot down tacoma owners dreams .

I came here to tacoma3g cause anytime you were to help someone on tw there was some big douche bag that would say dumb crap and then tell a guy he is doing it all wrong . I get it there is a ton of new tacoma owners that dont know a thing, and thats why guys like us that have owned multiple toyotas for many years are on sites like this one to help and not to trash a guy or gals dream. We are all here to get some kind of help or guidance on whatever project we are doing with our tacomas. With all that being said i hope to see our community grow strong and continue to respect eachother like we do and not shoot down tacoma owners dreams .
Exactly! If you're experienced, why not just share your knowledge and welcome new people to the hobby? Gatekeeping is stupid.

Happy Anniversary Tyler
Great page. I have been on for over 2 years myself. studied a lot of the builds, researched the products, and built my own taco from this page.
I enjoy 99% of people photos, and input. 3G is a great resource out the web. I will continue to support This page moving forward.
thanks for all of your hard work

It was very difficult to pick the winners. There were more responses than I thought there would be and most of them deserve to win. Seriously, thanks (all of you) for the kind words. When I created this site I hoped it would become a tight-knit group of mature like-minded people that aren't into the BS that you see on other forums. And that's exactly what it became, so thank you!

But I can only pick 2 winners for this, right? Ehhh, how about 3 since this is the 3 year anniversary? 🥳

You had me at "The comradry and support is genuine. We're not overloaded with influencers throwing click bait at us." This is what I'm all about.

You had me at "may know the answer but not 100% sure and love seeing better ways to do something that I never thought of". On other forums, people freak out when the same question gets asked multiple times. Then what is the point of a discussion forum? You should be able to ask any question you want so you can receive up-to-date information and possibly new input that you would not have found if you searched.

"I genuinely wouldnt mind meeting up with anyone that I have had any sort of interaction with on this forum." -- I agree. And this is something we've done a few times when I still lived in Cali. It was always a relaxed experience. I want to do more of this but I pretty much need to be more midwest/west coast for that. East coast isn't really poppin' with Tacoma people. Hopefully this is something that can start back up in a few months when I head west.

Congrats @Berserker__taco / @Hunter399 / @XxMagpulxX! I'll get with @ARCHIVE and send you each private messages soon. As for everyone else, I would've picked all of your comments but then @ARCHIVE would run out of supply. 😵
Thank you! I appreciate it @Tyler and I love @ARCHIVE products!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back