• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Tacoma3G's 3rd anniversary!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
May 1st was T3G's 3rd year of being online. Kind of like last year, I'm a bit late to make a post about it, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Here's a snippet from what I said last year that is just as relevant today:

I've said it many times, but starting a forum after 2009 tends to be a difficult thing to succeed at.

What I'm getting at is how thankful I am for all of you that choose to use the website. Nothing I could do—regardless of how well I do it—would matter, if we didn't have dedicated members that are actively contributing to discussions on our forum. You guys posting and engaging with each other is what really counts. I also appreciate everyone who makes a donation because that money allows me to pay for the server and more importantly, pay it back to you with things like RotM and this anniversary giveaway. If you ever notice our members online list, there are usually more blue usernames than black ones, which is awesome.

The other thing I need to mention is the fact that you guys keep on chugging even when I'm slacking. I wish I posted more. I wish I implemented my new ideas faster. I wish I did more to make your overall experience at T3G better. While I do push out new features occasionally, there is so much more I want to do, but sometimes I do lose motivation for no reason. And you guys never seem to be disappointed in me when I am less active. Thank you for that. If you never stop using the forum, I will never stop maintaining it. And I sure as fuck won't sell it to some bullshit forum-buying corporation like Internet Brands, lol. I'm not in the hobby to be a sellout.

On that note, I want to give back to our community right now. I'm thinking we'll do two members and a vendor. He doesn't know it as of this post, but I'm going to self-sponsor this giveaway to @ARCHIVE's catalog because drops he a lot of knowledge regarding suspension for us.

I'm going to try something we haven't done for a giveaway yet. To enter, simply reply to this thread with what makes you choose to use Tacoma3G.com. It can be as long or short as you want. Then I'll choose my two favorite replies and I'll send you each $50 to ArchiveGarage.com. I'll pick the winners on Sunday.

Season 3 Birthday GIF by Parks and Recreation

I really dig the fact that this forum has a much more sincere and helpful base of users. Threads are not constantly hijacked and go off the rails which makes finding info so much easier and getting an answer is just as easy. The comradry and support is genuine. We're not overloaded with influencers throwing click bait at us. And we just let Nicky take care of the shit talk 🤣

May 1st was T3G's 3rd year of being online. Kind of like last year, I'm a bit late to make a post about it, but I'm proud of it nonetheless. Here's a snippet from what I said last year that is just as relevant today:

I've said it many times, but starting a forum after 2009 tends to be a difficult thing to succeed at.

What I'm getting at is how thankful I am for all of you that choose to use the website. Nothing I could do—regardless of how well I do it—would matter, if we didn't have dedicated members that are actively contributing to discussions on our forum. You guys posting and engaging with each other is what really counts. I also appreciate everyone who makes a donation because that money allows me to pay for the server and more importantly, pay it back to you with things like RotM and this anniversary giveaway. If you ever notice our members online list, there are usually more blue usernames than black ones, which is awesome.

The other thing I need to mention is the fact that you guys keep on chugging even when I'm slacking. I wish I posted more. I wish I implemented my new ideas faster. I wish I did more to make your overall experience at T3G better. While I do push out new features occasionally, there is so much more I want to do, but sometimes I do lose motivation for no reason. And you guys never seem to be disappointed in me when I am less active. Thank you for that. If you never stop using the forum, I will never stop maintaining it. And I sure as fuck won't sell it to some bullshit forum-buying corporation like Internet Brands, lol. I'm not in the hobby to be a sellout.

On that note, I want to give back to our community right now. I'm thinking we'll do two members and a vendor. He doesn't know it as of this post, but I'm going to self-sponsor this giveaway to @ARCHIVE's catalog because drops a lot of knowledge regarding suspension for us.

I'm going to try something we haven't done for a giveaway yet. To enter, simply reply to this thread with what makes you choose to use Tacoma3G.com. It can be as long or short as you want. Then I'll choose my two favorite replies and I'll send you each $50 to ArchiveGarage.com. I'll pick the winners on Sunday.

Gotta be the best forum out there for tacomas.people answer your questions legitimately and have a good sense of humor.Love the Rig Of The Month,really badass idea to see tacos in different lights.And all around I'd say definitely a great recommendation to other taco owners. Just a solid site to behold for the tacomenators! 🤙

On that note, I want to give back to our community right now. I'm thinking we'll do two members and a vendor. He doesn't know it as of this post, but I'm going to self-sponsor this giveaway to @ARCHIVE's catalog because drops he a lot of knowledge regarding suspension for us.

Never waste a good Pandemic!
Tacoma3g has inspired me to get out more than ever!

I use this forum because of the ability to ask any question and get a sincere non condescending response! It’s really helpful for someone like me who has OCD and may know the answer but not 100% sure and love seeing better ways to do something that I never thought of! It’s also led to me spending a lot more money than expected haha! Also, The rig of the month contest is fun and @Tyler has gone out if his way to help me out multiple times! Great Group of people here!

I Absolutely love the Tacoma world. Wouldn't have it any other way. Happy 3rd Birthday 🎂🥳🎉🎈

Happy Birthday and thank you for having made this , it’s been really informative and humbling!!

Being new to Tacoma's, I was looking for a place where I could get not only the info that I wanted, but the info that I needed. I'm happy to say that Tacoma3G.com has provided me with that and I thank the admin and all of the members for it!

I like to convince some of you to do bad things with your Tacomas.

Tacoma3g- I choose YOU!

*I would like to not be entered in the giveaway 😘 *

Last edited:
Glad this forum is still around and I know it will be for years to come. Best place to come to get any kind of info on our Tacomas. I appreciate all of the knowledge here. Thank you!

I’ve been overseas for a few weeks, so I’ve been just lurking, but this is on honest straight up place.

Ever since I bought my third generation Tacoma I have searched high and low for advice. This is my third Tacoma and all generations have their problems. This forum cuts to the chance without a bunch of bs line in some other forums. Keep up the great work

I'm still new in the Tacoma world. This site has been fantastic for learning and dreaming of all the mods I want to do on my truck.

This forum has very useful information and way less BS. Its nice to see that the founder of the forum regularly participates in discussions along with all the work that goes into maintaining a forum like this. I like the community here in general due to the fact that the conversations here are much more productive and in general have way less bickering or smart ass remarks. I genuinely wouldnt mind meeting up with anyone that I have had any sort of interaction with on this forum.

I don't post much but read often. The fact is, I find this forum an invaluable resource when I run into an issue, am thinking about making a modification, etc. to my Tacoma. I appreciate the time and effort that goes into a site like this. I have a forum of may own relating to a certain brand/model of motorcycle. My forum has been online for more than 10 years now and I consider to to be a success. With the prevalence of Facebook, it is hard to really keep people interested in a standalone forum now days but the fact is, they are much better than Facebook in just about every way. Easier to search for what you need, the ability to categorize things into different topic areas, much more. I appreciate the work that goes into this site and I appreciate the way that this one is run. It's relatively clean and not a lot of bickering and etc. That makes for a much more pleasant experience. for all. Thank you to Tyler and all the people who share so much information here. Long Live Tacoma3g.

I enjoyed the rig of the month. It’s very interesting to see what others are doing with their Tacomas and learn about all the available portions to enhance the driving experience. You have converted me from a happy stock owner to a real upgrade enthusiast.

Why I love T3G
Let me count the ways
From threads and messages to polls and pictures
I could surf this site for days

It could be the members, the content,
Or the organization over the rest
But when it comes to administrators
For sure @Tyler is the best

I think the contests, comradery,
And opinions are so fun
But most of all I like it that
@ARCHIVE stuff is won

Sure, T3G may not have
Pictures of chicks with boobs
But it does have its fair share
Of trucks with fancy intake tubes

It’s easy to be romantic
With fancy talk and nice aromas
But T3G has found a way
To do it with Tacoma’s

I have so many friends online
In our special little guild
They show me their support
By helping with my build

They can help you with suspension,
Your engine and your wheels
Keep an eye on the classifieds
and you’ll score on sweet deals

We may disagree on many things,
But align when it comes to Jeeps
Because we all know for sure
They are mostly owned by creeps

It may be great, it may be grand
But it’s not always sunny
Beware when you register here
Because you will spend your money

We may not post often
And we may post sometimes late
But all that matters is when we post
The info’s super great

Yes I have a strong affection
For this place called T3G
But that’s all for now, I must go
Because I have to pee

I'm new to this forum community and it has been very informative in making mods to my truck. Also to see what people are doing to theirs.

Congrats on 3 years- Not an easy feat!

I joined the forum and use it actively as it takes me back to the days when forums actually mattered. Nowadays everything is social media, facebook groups, or old forums that have been around for ages that are active with a vast array of arrogant users and know-it-alls. I post here more than anywhere else on the interwebs, honestly.

My first car forum ever was a very similar style, based around my first car ever. This was about 20 years ago now, focused around the 3rd gen (haha) Honda Accord. It was just like this, a tight-knit user base with knowledgeable, helpful people and none of the bullshit. It was through that forum I learned everything I knew about that car and, honestly, how I met some of my now-best friends! 20 years strong.

This forum brings back the fond memories and feelings of those days and really feels like a community instead of a bunch of shit talkers and influencers like everything else has become.

Not to mention all of the badass trucks that are on here and people that actually use them!

Anyway, solid work @Tyler and here's hoping it grows without changing for the worst.

Also, good luck with the 37s. Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back